This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOrganizer and Google Calendar Help with Initial Setting Up

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Budgie2
Registered Member
Please could I have some help with setting up KOrganizer to work with Google Calendar.
I am running openSUSE 42.2 at present with KDE desktop and need to sync with Google Calendar (not my choice but used by the office).

I would appreciate a brief but simple outline of steps to take to set up the integration and syncing.

I would also appreciate advice on best way to manage security and logins preferably using KDE Wallet rather than Google.

For example if I have two stage login for my Google Calendar account using my mobile phone does that mean I must log in using my phone every time I want the calendars to sync while working on my openSUSE machine.

As will be apparent I am not a coder and this does not come naturally so help would be very much appreciated. I have looked for a Tutorial on this but not found one yet.
Budgie2
Budgie2
Registered Member
No reply to my post in quite a while so I thought I would add my own experience since posting.

In short Google Calendar cannot properly support Tasks (To Dos'). It does not fully support CalDAV standard and therefore the whole exercise of trying to use Google Calendar for synchronising with other members of a group was futile.
I am still trying to find a suitable calendar/app for use by members of the group who use windoze, iOS and Android and with which I can sync KOrganizer.
Any suggestions welcome.