This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Deleting calendar event in DAV groupware resource fails

Tags: korganizer, akonadi, caldav korganizer, akonadi, caldav korganizer, akonadi, caldav
(comma "," separated)
miroslavv
Registered Member
CalDAV groupware resource in KOrganizer, Kubuntu 17.10 (although the same problem exists for quite awhile now)

I can create and edit events in CalDav resources, but deleting fails.

If I try and delete an event I created, the event disappears from the calendar, but when I try to update the calendar folder I get "Before syncing <resource> it is necessary to have the resource online. Do you want to make it online?", and I click "Go Online". If I try to update the calendar again the same happens again - which means the upstream resource was not updated.

When I look in akonadiconsole, in Agents tab, next to the resource there is a Status Message:
"There was a problem with the request. The item has not been deleted from the server.
The file or folder <resource_XXXX> does not exist. (0)."

Once this happens, the only thing I can do (what I found so far) is delete the agent and re-create it.

I got the line from the calendar log:
Code: Select all
2404:130:0:1000:4186:4465:8a69:1b4c - <user> [23/Apr/2018:06:27:11 +1200] "DELETE /caldav.php/<resource_path>/1518548964.R513.ics/ HTTP/1.1" 404 407 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) KHTML/5.38.0 (like Gecko) Konqueror/5 KIO/5.38"

I was told that trailing slash after 1518548964.R513.ics is probably the culprit.

Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Just upgraded to 18.04, same thing.
miroslavv
Registered Member
michaelba
Registered Member
FWIW, I also have this issue. I rarely delete events from korganizer and wasn't able to figure out what action was causing the problem. I would just occasionally get the error message,

'Before syncing folder "calendar name" it is necessary to have the resource online. Do you want to make it online?',

After that, the only way to get it to sync properly was to re-create the calendar. Testing it out, deleting an event does seem to be the issue. It consistently causes the offline/lack of syncing problem. I'm currently using KOrganizer v5.7.3, although I have had this problem for at least 2+ version updates.

(And thanks for submitting the error! Now I know not to delete items in korganizer, that helps.)
miroslavv
Registered Member
maclinux
Registered Member
Same to me...it is an old bug...I´m using Kerio Connect as Mailserver and everything works IMAP Carddav...only Carddav hangs when deleting Appointments...that is bad though I have to use Thunderbird to get it working.