This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

journal

Tags: journal, journal by subject, journal filter journal, journal by subject, journal filter journal, journal by subject, journal filter
(comma "," separated)
andres
Registered Member

journal

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:27 pm
I would like to make a suggestion that will make Korganizer, I believe much more effective. I am using KDE because of Korganizer and think it is absolutely fantastic. There is a simple (perhaps) improvement which would be applied to Journals which, I believe, could greatly improve Korganzier. I do not know to whom this should be sent and you are welcome to deliver and edit as you see fit.

Summary: Consider multiple journals below a General Journal so that your thoughts can be recorded and filtered by the particular journal subject you are wanting to review.
Idea: When you click new journal...this could be considered as a new journal entry.
Title: Title would be the particular journal that you want to which you want to add an entry and selected from a drop down menu.
Instead of one text box showing, there should be two text boxes. Text box one has previous entries from that particular Journal Title with their dates etc and the details with a slide bar to review earlier entires. Text box two would be for adding new information into the journal.

The journal could default to GENERAL Journal and the drop down would list any new titles that have been created. Select JOURNAL TITLE from JOURNAL;.

Text Box One.... Select ENTRIES from JOURNAL where JOURNAL TITLE = X;

Text Box Two: add new entries into JOURNAL under the particular JOURNAL TITLE.

So you could have a General which is default and lists everything. You would then have a dropdown which shows all the previously created Titles(subjects), a box for the previous entries from Titles, and a box to enter new entries into the journal under that title.

Reason why is as follows...I want to keep a journal of my Heath Records that I keep and check my self. I want a journal to keep record of certain work notes or ideas, A journal of conversations by telephone on a particular subject. Ideas for Patented Products and their development. Etc.

I am certain that I could do this by querying the data base myself but I think this would be a tremendous improvement to the product and I think relatively simple.

Cheers,
andres