This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to change birthday reminder settings?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jcompton
Registered Member
Hello,

what can I do if I do not want to get reminded of every single birthday in Kontact?

And what can I do if I want to get reminded not only the day before, but also at other times, for a specific person's birthday in Kontact?

Many thanks for your time
Jeff
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
You should be able to set up reminders on a per-event basis by right-clicking on the event, going to the Reminders tab and setting up the reminders you want.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
jcompton
Registered Member
When I single click on the birthday in the calendar view, I get a summary info which says, amongst other things:

Reminder: 1 day before beginning

Right click on the birthday in the calendar view gives me in the context menu, amongst other things:

Switch reminder on/off

However, this option is grey/not accessible.
"Editing" this event is not possible. The option is also grey/not accessible, it seems that birthdays are not "events".
And in Kontact, I cannot change anything appropriate at all.

Is there a better option than the combo Kontact/Korganizer?
ninob
Registered Member
OS
Hallo Jeff!

have you already found a solution?
I have red your post only today ... Well, I read rarely the KDE forum, because I haven't ever got helps since several years ...
Every time only disappointments ...

Maybe the solution depends on the Korganizer / Kontact version, however here how I do it on Kontact 17.04.2 (version from about July 2017).

In the standard Calendar view you can see the list of all your calendars on the left down, among them also the "Birthday and Special Days Calendar" (I don't now exactly how it is in the English language version).
Click right on it and choose Calendar Properties. A popup windows will appears, on it you can now set the birthday reminder options.

bye