This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Korganizer and Facebook birthdays and events

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
allanmills
Registered Member
OS
Hello. I'm coming back to KDE in a new Antergos Liinux install (I last used KDE 3.xx series in Ubuntu). I'm running into errors trying to get Facebook set up to sync with KOrganizer.

When I bring up the Facebook Calendar plug-in properties (via KOrganizer or the Akonadi console), it indicates that I'm not logged into Facebook. I select the option to login, it brings up the dialog box, I input my credentials, and check the option to "Keep me logged in to KDE Calendar Sync" (I've also tried without this being checked with the same result). Hit ENTER and the box disappears, and the primary dialog indicates that I'm still not logged in.

I've checked in my Facebook account, and KDE is enabled on the Facebook side, so there was a connection at some point, even if just for a second.

In the output of
Code: Select all
journalctl -xe
I had done for something else altogether, there is this information:

Feb 08 08:42:53 Area51-Alien akonadi_facebook_resource[12593]: org.kde.pim.fbresource: Item sync error: "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."
Feb 08 08:42:53 Area51-Alien akonadi_facebook_resource[12593]: org.kde.pim.fbresource: Item sync error: "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."
Feb 08 08:42:54 Area51-Alien akonadi_facebook_resource[12593]: org.kde.pim.fbresource: Item sync error: "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."
Feb 08 08:42:54 Area51-Alien akonadi_facebook_resource[12593]: org.kde.pim.fbresource: Item sync error: "An active access token must be used to query information about the current user."
Feb 08 08:42:55 Area51-Alien akonadi_facebook_resource[12593]: org.kde.pim.fbresource: Item sync error: "Failed to retrieve birthday calendar"

I'm not quite sure how to go about troubleshooting and solving this. I've tried searching in the forums here and a general online search, but found nothing relevant.

Thanks for any suggestions.