This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Customizing holidays

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
nevesapedro
Registered Member
OS

Customizing holidays

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:41 pm
Hi, fellows!
In KOrganizer, I was able to play with the holidays files stored in
Code: Select all
/usr/share/kf5/libkholidays/plan2/
in order to let KOrganizer display my own custom set of holidays.
However, I recently installed KOrganizer 5.11.3 and I am unable to find those holiday files. I spent a couple of hours digging in my file system, another couple of hours googling (actually, duck-duck-going...) but I couldn't find anything useful.
Can anybody please help me finding the new holidays folder used by KOrganizer or, at least, shed some light in this issue?
Thanks in advance!
ninob
Registered Member
OS

Re: Customizing holidays

Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:49 am
nevesapedro wrote:Hi, fellows!
In KOrganizer, I was able to play with the holidays files stored in
Code: Select all
/usr/share/kf5/libkholidays/plan2/
in order to let KOrganizer display my own custom set of holidays.
However, I recently installed KOrganizer 5.11.3 and I am unable to find those holiday files. I spent a couple of hours digging in my file system, another couple of hours googling (actually, duck-duck-going...) but I couldn't find anything useful.
Can anybody please help me finding the new holidays folder used by KOrganizer or, at least, shed some light in this issue?
Thanks in advance!

Hallo nevesapedro

I'm nor a programmer or a KDE expert, but I tell you, how I find a file, that maybe helps you in customizing holidays in KDE-Calendar.
I'm use OpenSuse and KDE-PIM 5.10.3 - it could be some different in your Distro ...
So i opened "Install Software" through YAST and searched for the item "kholidays". I've got the file libKF5Holidays5-lang. In the register file list you will find the paths of all the files installed with the package.

I hope, this helps you.

Btw, It would be interesting for me and other community members, if you would describe what and how you play 8-)