This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOrganizer and desktop notifications?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
eXtremeDevil
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I recently installed Kubuntu 18.04 and I wanted to have desktop notifications for upcoming google calendar events. I have set up KOrganizer and my events are there on the app, but I have no desktop notifications whatsoever.

Is something wrong? Maybe KOrganizer doesn't have that feature, in that case is there a similar app to achieve what I want?

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You should be able to set the notifications per app: System Settings -> Personalisation -> Notifications -> Applications -> Configure...

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
eXtremeDevil
Registered Member
OS
There's no "Applications" inside Notifications menu. Notifications are activated in KOrganizer. Actually, I'm not even sure KOrganizer has the ability to send desktop notifications, or at least for google calendar events. Anyone knows?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
For the settings: I guess this depends on the Plasma version, I am on Kubuntu 19.10 with Plasma 5.18.2, yours is much older

If the Google Calendar events show in the KOrganisr as a calendar event the notifications should happen.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
eXtremeDevil
Registered Member
OS
They're not happening... should I have the korgac service?
eXtremeDevil
Registered Member
OS
OK, I got it working by refreshing the google calendar every 10 minutes and making sure korgac was running. What I get now is a popup with the reminder.

Just one question though, is this the only behavior for calendar reminders? A popup? Is there a way to configure desktop notifications? Just want to know...

Thanks!
Mamarok
Manager
OS
See my first post: it is possible to configure, but you ned a newer Plasma version for this

eXtremeDevil
Registered Member
OS
OK thanks.