This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOrganizer 20.08.3-1 Journal

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
afarrell
Registered Member

KOrganizer 20.08.3-1 Journal

Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:41 am
Is Journal still an active feature?

I am using KDE Kontact with Nextcloud using Caldav and Carddav on latest Fedora 33 KDE Workstation Plasma 5.20.4-1 for syncing Contacts Calendars and Tasks and it all works well.

Wanted to start recording a daily journal to help with project management. The journal feature is listed, calls for me to select a collection but does not display the calendar options.

There does not seem to be much action with journal. Is it still being developed?
afarrell
Registered Member
To answer my own question. It's not ideal for me but It is understandable. My problem was that somehow I must have deleted my local calendar file and because there is no journal app in Nextcloud the remote calendar was not detected. I created a new .ics file in my local account and Journal started working.
muscatelle
Registered Member

Re: KOrganizer 20.08.3-1 Journal

Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:54 pm
Thanks I'm new to KOrganizer, struggling with finding information on the Journal and am also trying to integrate with nextcloud.
I can add a journal entry to the default calendar, but not the nextcloud calendars.
I'd really appreciate it if you could provide some more detail on "created a new .ics file in my local account "?
aaronpotts
Registered Member

Re: KOrganizer 20.08.3-1 Journal

Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 pm
Hey, I'm new on this forum and just stumbled upon your post about KOrganizer's journal feature. I totally feel you, man. Keeping track of daily tasks and notes is essential for proper project management. To answer your question, yes, the journal feature is still active, but it seems like there hasn't been much development on it lately. However, you can still use it to make notes and record important events. As for the issue you're facing, have you tried selecting a different collection? Maybe that could help display the calendar options you're looking for. By the way, if you're into writing, you should totally check out some literary magazines. They're a great way to get your work out there and connect with other writers. Anyway, I hope this still helps.