This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Extracting calendars from Korganizer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dsgbxcd
Registered Member
Hello. I have several calendars in Korganizer and would like to extract them -- separately -- into iCalendar files. File -> Export -> iCalendar is close, but mushes them up into a single file with no way to determine which events are from which calendar. I need the separate calendars to be in separate files or otherwise distinct and identifiable. How may I extract the separate calendars? Recommendations for Perl or Python modules would be best, but I'm open to any method at this point.

It looks like the event data may be trapped in ~/.local/share/akonadi/search_db/calendars/postlist.glass but that format is not documented anywhere I can find.
gditchfield
Registered Member
Use the sidebar calendar manager and uncheck all but one calendar. Export as iCalendar will only export the visible items.
Uncheck that calendar, check off the next one, export, repeat.
dsgbxcd
Registered Member
Thanks. I've tried that work-around already but it is too many steps to do every time the calendar is updated.

If the context helps, the idea would be to use Korganizer to manage equipment reservations and then, via one or more automated steps, export separate HTML tables for each item.

How can I get at the actual data and process it with perl, python, or XMLstarlet?·