This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Korganizer (Kontact) - Change Month View Background Color?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
The Recorder
Registered Member
The background color is a sort of light purple (225,225,255) - Want to change it. I have searched the help files; the .config files; this, the Kubuntu, and the Ubuntu formums; as well as Google, with not even a hint of where and how to make this change. Anyone have an answer?

The Recorder, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
MTGap
Alumni
OS
I believe, what your referring to is for the 'working hours' (by default I think it is monday through friday) Technically you should be able to change it in Settings>Configure Calendar>Colors and Fonts>Working Hours Color, but that doesn't seem to work. I'll have to see if there is a bug report for this. :?

One solution to get rid of it is to go to Settings>Configure Calendar>Time and Date and uncheck all the days selected for Working Hours. This should make the calendar be white now. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. :/
The Recorder
Registered Member
MTGap wrote:I believe, what your referring to is for the 'working hours' (by default I think it is monday through friday) Technically you should be able to change it in Settings>Configure Calendar>Colors and Fonts>Working Hours Color, but that doesn't seem to work. I'll have to see if there is a bug report for this. :?

One solution to get rid of it is to go to Settings>Configure Calendar>Time and Date and uncheck all the days selected for Working Hours. This should make the calendar be white now. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. :/

This is not what I am trying to change. (I know how to change the "Working Hours".) As I stated in the "Subject", I am trying to change to background color in Month View"

...But, thanks for the attempt...

The Recorder, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
MTGap
Alumni
OS
Now I'm a little confused, unless you didn't read the entirety of my post, the working hours is to related to the background 'purple' color.

Is this not what your referring to as the purple background in month view:

This is what happens if you change the working hours as I suggested:

I'm going to do a little more research, because Working Hours color change isn't working.
The Recorder
Registered Member
"Working Hours" colors refers to the hours defined in the "Time and Date" section of the "Configure Calendar", under "Working Hours" - "Daily starting hour:" and "Daily ending hour:", and affects only these hours in the "Day", "Next 3 Days", "Week", and "Work Week" views.
boast
Registered Member
OS
is the purple hard-coded?
einar
Administrator
OS
No, it is not. You can find it under Configure KOrganizer > Colors and Fonts.

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Plasma FAQ maintainer - Plasma programming with Python
sergio.martins
KDE Developer
OS
For month view you can't change it through the settings dialog.

You can however, edit .kde4/share/config/korganizerrc, and add:

[Theme/Month view]
Month Grid Background Color=41,26,255
Month Grid WorkHours Background Color=41,26,255

KOrganizer maintainer and PIM developer
canoe
Registered Member
sergio.martins wrote:For month view you can't change it through the settings dialog.

[Theme/Month view]

Sadly, in 2018, changing this file has no effect on the month view background colour.

Is there any other way to change this setting within Korganizer?
kwert
Registered Member
canoe wrote:
sergio.martins wrote:For month view you can't change it through the settings dialog.

[Theme/Month view]

Sadly, in 2018, changing this file has no effect on the month view background colour.

You can still change it, just directory is .config/korganizerrc
canoe
Registered Member
kwert wrote:
canoe wrote:

[Theme/Month view]

You can still change it, just directory is .config/korganizerrc

Thanks for taking the time to reply back on this, - really helpful to have a solution to this!