This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Welcome to our new forum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jbm

Welcome to our new forum

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:40 pm
The Kdenlive forum has now been moved to KDE's infrastructure, a big thanks you to KDE's web team.
We are currently investigating the feasibility of importing the existing forum posts into the new forum.

You will find more infos about Kdenlive on our website: http://www.kdenlive.org

User documentation is available at: http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive

Bugs should be reported on our bugtracker: http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis
ttguy
OS

Re: Welcome to our new forum

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:53 pm
Hi JBM,
The thing I don't like about our new forum location is that I can't seem to easily have a set up where I can get the forum to show me new posts that are only in the kdenlive sub forum. What was nice about your drupal version was that /tracker page that showed you new posts. This board does have a show new posts - but because it has a wide range of software being posted about - the new posts list has lots of stuff that I am not interested in. And this probably means I will never browse the forum looking for posts I can help with. There is too much background noise.
The advanced search page offers the ability to search in just the Kdenlive sub forum but you can't have it return just new posts. You have to put a keyword in the search too. And * as a key word does not work.
I guess this might be a feature request for this forum. Or there might be way to do this that I don't know about. I know you can also subscribe to particular forums and topics - but I suspect I am not going to like that either because it is going to fill up my mail box.

Is it not possible to struggle on with the kdenlive.org forums - expecially if we get the spam under control?
ttguy
OS

Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:59 pm
... and in answer to my own post ...
I just discovered the rss feed method. And that actually works quite nicely. - Click the feed link. Set up a feed that includes only the Kdenlive sub-forums, leave the search item section blank and generate the feed URL. Then create an RSS subscription in your tool of choice to that RSS feed URL.
So I guess I can be happy after all :)
jbm

Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 pm
Yes, it takes some time to get used but the RSS feature seems quite powerful & there are some other nice features like integrated polls. Anyways, kdenlive.org cannot handle the forums anymore, even with a better spam control, I think drupal is simply not able to manage a large forum efficiently on a shared server environnment.

Our server is still under heavy load, so not sure that I can keep the archived forum online for a long time there...
yellow
Registered Member
I'm sure I posted my comments on this thread a few days after kdenlive forum swapped servers to here, where have they gone??
ttguy
OS

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:11 am
With the help of some very helpful admin people at kde.org we have now completed a migration of the old posts from kdenlive.org to forum.kde.org.
If you had an existing account on forum.kde.org and an existing account on kdenlive.org and they both had the same email address registered on them - then the kdenlive.org posts on the old forum will have been merged into your forum.kde.org account.

If you did not have an existing account on forum.kde.org but had posts on the old kdenlive.org then a new user account will have been created for you on forum.kde.org and it will be registered with the same email address as you had on the old kdenlive.org forum.
The user name on this new forum.kde.org account will be the same as your user name on the old kdenlive.org forum unless this username was already in use by a user on the forum.kde.org forum with a different email address to your kdenlive.org account. If this user name was in use then your new account on forum.kde.org will be suffixed with "_drupal"

eg there is a user josh in both the old kdenlive.org and in forum.kde.org. But they are differnt josh's (based on different email addresses). So the old kdenlive.org posts from josh arrive in forum.kde.org under a user called josh_drupal

If you want to post to your NEW forum.kde.org account you will first need to request a new password from
ucp.php?mode=sendpassword

If your accounts were merged then you do not need a new password. Just post on your existing forum.kde.org account.

[Thanks neverendingo of forum.kde.org]
Hans
Administrator
OS

Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 am
Awesome, thanks for your hard work!

If anyone got the "_drupal" suffix and wants to change their username, just send a mail to the admins (forum-admin@kde.org).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
normcross
Registered Member

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 am
Many thanks for this fantastic achievement. It's starting to feel a little more like home now.
Thanks again.