This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

3d transitions for new kdenlive version.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ddennedy
Registered Member
"2 - don´t have to pass any frames or prerender anything"

If the video in a track that is involved in the transition has any effects on it, then it must be processed/rendered before handing it off to GVFX. And guess what? In MLT, ALL videos have hidden filters on them to conform them to the project settings (crop, deinterlace, scale, change field order, and pad). If we give GVFX filenames and position data, what will it do when the 2 clips have a different resolution or different framerate? How will the result of the 3D transition look if the video is interlaced?

Now, with all that I have said in opposition, I also keep on saying that I like the concept. I like the idea of inter-operating with other tools. I especially like it when those tools have a good UI for designers and when it includes scripting! For example, I recently added support for Flash animations in MLT. This was possible in a very easy way due to swfdec, which is a library.

My daughter has been very eager to get into graphics and programming, and she has done good things in Scratch and has been learning Blender. Tonight, she expressed again that she really wants to get into coding. I told her that I will help her, and I planned a 3 step approach.
1) Make an animated title in Blender and integrate it into OpenShot.
2) Make a simple UI using python MLT API to define a transition between 2 clips.
3) Integrate GVFX into result of step 2 using lessons learned from step 1.

I know this is similar to what Emanuel is working on, but it is a project to teach my daughter and for me to learn what might be possible. Who knows? Maybe I will discover or create the new Blender Python API that lets me integrate into MLT the way I would like.

anubis4d
Registered Member
Here is a tutorial, I have used Kdenlive for the workflow (the post is on spanish but also in ENGLISH grey text).
here is described how this CAN BE DONE NOW by hand.
http://marquitux.blogspot.com/2010/11/tutorial-gvfx-transiciones-3d.html
Emanuel had tweeted that the 0.1.4 version is ready, with format converter and many other cool stuff.

ddennedy, the videos are maped into planes by BLENDER 3D so any video is OK (as long as is supported by the "movie" material), and the same transition can be rendered to any size. Play with it.ImageImage

anubis4d
Registered Member
hey people, Emanuel (timbis) has been working on 0.1.5, check it out, I wrote another tutorial about the HORPHAN clip generation of the newer versions, that is a cool thing.
http://marquitux.blogspot.com/2010/11/creando-transiciones-3d-con-gvfx-015.html

ImageImage

Etienne
Registered Member
Hello,
I try to make a transition, but nothing append, I am under Kubuntu 10.10, when i drag a clip, i have answer in window terminal,

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/gvfx/gvfxgui.py", line 394, in got_data_cb
archivo_namepre1 = archivo_namepre.replace("%20", " ")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'replace'

can you help me

Etienne
anubis4d
Registered Member
I will check it, I have an ubuntu somewhere to install a virtualbox machine somewhere.

Etienne
Registered Member
Hello anubis4d,
Thank you for your answer. I am very interesting for using this 3d transition.

Etienne
gab3d
Registered Member
That'd be great!
Thanks!
Etienne
Registered Member
Hi Timbislopez,

Nice, thanks for your job, I think this will be great.

Best regards.

Etienne
grek
Registered Member
Hy is possible to integrate gvfx or other 3d transitions with current kdenlive ?
i try install it on ubuntu 12.04 and have problems.

here is error (gvfx not work) http://code.google.com/p/gvfx/issues/detail?id=2

when i resolve this error is any kdenlive gui to setup transition ?