This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kdenlive for gnome

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
craft_drupal
Registered Member

kdenlive for gnome

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:00 pm
Hi you all, for first, I would like to say: thanks you all for your hard work!
But I have a question: Why is kdenlive only integrated in kde? I think that, you can used the QT framework for make a kdenlive integrated also for gnome, do you not think that?
grek
Registered Member

Re: kdenlive for gnome

Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:46 pm
i use kdenlive in gnome (unity) without problems, (but i have kde too) so i think is not important work , there is many other most important to do with kdenlive
yellow_drupal
Registered Member

Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 pm
kdenlive is an old project, I remember it's birth by one developer from the UK many years ago and used to build it from source each time he added stuff, like I don't know ability to cut a clip. :-), at that time Linux really only had Kino (by MLT developer Dan) or that horrible Broadcast2000 -> Cinelerra -> CinerellaCV -> Luminere thing, Jason, the original kdenlive developer chose kde development environment for whatever reasons. kdenlive progressed and as it got more involved it becomes a bigger task to change to QT or other, even if they were any good at the time.

Perhaps try Shotcut or Openshot for a super intergrated Gnome experience. jk :-)

I use probably 2 kde based apps. kdenlive and digikam (for it's database media management, tagging, rating, preview etc) for drag / drop into kdenlive projects and I do think there is an aversion by many to kde based apps, what appears to be a tangled web of kde based libaries to install and think kdenlive's user base would probably increase a bit if it wasn't kde based.

I don't even use kde desktop, really dislike it, a lot!

But kdenlive is too good not to use simply for that dislike. :-) I find it works fine on Gnome or Xfce or Fluxbox etc as grek.
nkumar
Registered Member

Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:23 pm
Hi,

I use it in Mint-13 64bit with cinnamon desktop. I presume cinnamon is based on gnome-3. No problems as of now. It should work with gnome seamlessly.

Regards,
Nandakumar