This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Affine instead of Composite - unwanted contrast

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Senbee
Registered Member
I don't know if it's a bug so I post here. If it's a bug I'll file it on Mantis.

Tested on 0.9.4 and 0.9.5 svn
Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit with Sunab repositories (tried with 0.9.4 from release and 0.9.5 from svn)

When I overlap something (e.g a title) Kdenlive doesn't select any more Composite as automatic transition. Instead of it, it selects Affine transition. Which is a great thing because it combines together "Pan & zoom", "Crop & Scale" and Composite, and more.
But it looks like it has a problem: when I render it on not very contrasted clips (e.g. a misty morning) when the title starts I can clearly see the picture increasing its level of contrast, coming back to its normal levels of contrast when the title goes off.
If I use Composite instead of Affine, this unwanted effect disappears.

Is it something I don't use properly or it's a bug? Do you have the same behaviour on your PC? Is there a way to tell Kdenlive to apply automatically Composite instead of Affine in overlapping titles?

yellow_drupal
Registered Member
I made a bug report on Mantis for differing results between Affine & Composite and there was from memory a prior report regarding a green tinge appearing but both reports I think relate to the same issue with color matrix used in conversion to RGB for the effects differ.
Senbee
Registered Member
Sure. Actually I can clearly see now that the effect is more present on clips showing grass or plants. So it's surely the same bug. Thank you very much.