This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Consistent crashes with importing .txt files.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Weevil
Registered Member
Found this while importing a folder with a script/shell text file in it. I've pinned down the following consistent reproducable crashes:

--------
Make a file test.txt with in it:

for f in *.mov; do ffmpeg -

In Project Tree do 'Clip Add', choose test.txt

'Undo' now causes Kdenlive to crash
--------

--------
Make a file test.txt with in it:

for f in *.mov; do ffmpeg -1

In Project Tree do 'Clip Add', choose test.txt

Kdenlive now crashes immediately
--------

I'm on OSX using Kdenlive 0.9.6 (using KDE Development Platform 4.10.3), I might make a VMWare linux-OS image with an up-to-date Kdenlive SVN soon to help with bugtesting but for now if someone could please test this & file a bugreport if necessary that would be awesome :)

ttguy
OS
What do you mean "importing a folder"
Why would you expect to be able to import a .txt file containing a script as a clip and have it do anything? Is this some undocumented feature? What is your script supposed to do when you import it?
Weevil
Registered Member
I added a folder with movie files all at once, in it was a .txt file with inside it an ffmpeg commando I had used previously to convert them. So that's how I found out. Whatever, I might be making a tutorial on ffmpeg commandos.

Opening textfiles is supported in Kdenlive so their contents shouldn't make it crash. And no, it wasn't my intention to have Kdenlive run this script in any way, it should just open it as the textfile it is. It should not crash. It should not have a hidden function to accept a .txt file as a script.

I've spent some time seeking out exactly what part of the textfile causes a consistent reproducable crash. Can anyone please confirm (or maybe not confirm) that the above steps indeed cause a crash so maybe a bugreport can be made?