This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

rendering suddenly goes to 100% after first title clip

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
beermats
Registered Member
Hy,
(excuse for my poor and not good english)
i always used kdenlive (great video editor) whitout problem in ubuntu 11.04 but now i installed (from ubuntu software center) and use kdenlive (0.82.1) under Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit and kernel release 3.2.0-24-generic) and i encounter always this problem: if i start rendering (any format) it suddenly goes 100% as soon as meet the first title clip!
if in timeline there aren't any title clips the rendering work fine.

how is it possible to solve this poblem?

thanks
corrado
j-b-m
Registered Member
i am looking at this issue. Seems to be a packaging problem in mlt. Rendering as root seems to work..
j-b-m
Registered Member
I tracked down the problem to sunab's frei0r package. I contacted him and hope we can solve the problem soon.
v0 HaVoK 0v
Registered Member
I also have this problem, except it just goes 100% as soon as I click Render to File. How do you render as root?

Edit : Actually mine probably isn't any different, I just remember my title clip is at the exact start of the video, so thats probably why mine looks like its as soon as I click "Render to File". Still need to know how to render as root :P
markoc
Registered Member
Just login as root and start Kdenlive. If already logged in, use the "su" command to become root.

Any files written will be probably owned by root, so to avoid problems with accessing them from your normal user account, do

chown your_user_name file_written_by_kdenlive

while still root.

Some new distributions do not have a root account, so
"sudo kdenlive" from your user account will probably work too.
v0 HaVoK 0v
Registered Member
I don't think I can login as root on ubuntu 12.04, so I do "sudo kdenlive" and is now working properly, thanks for your fast reply, you saved me :P
BTW is kdenlive supposed to look like it has a windows theme when ran as root?
beermats
Registered Member
Hi guy,
I tried to start Kdenlive as sudo (type "sudo kdenlive", in a terminal window) and it is works fine. In this case, no problem with render if title clips are in the timeline.

I found, in the Bug Tracker (http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis) another way that works very well, and i quote it (ID 0002592):

j-b-m wrote
---------------------------------------------------
Ok, I found the problem. It is related to 2 frei0r effects using OpenCV. I have not yet found a fix, but as a workaround, you can delete (or move to a backup location) the files:

/usr/lib/frei0r-1/facebl0r.so
/usr/lib/frei0r-1/facedetect.so

After that, rendering should work fine. Still working on a real fix.
------------------------------------------------------
v0 HaVoK 0v
Registered Member
@beermats
Nice find, I'm going to try this as soon as I get home from work and see how it goes.
CEN
Registered Member
OS
Thanks . I have been battling with this for hours . At last my deadline is in with a chance thanks guys !

:)
cwaugh18
Registered Member
Thanks so much Marko and everyone who recommended me do sudo kdenlive... that works perfect!!!!
christopherwere
Registered Member
Trying to render as root does not helpfor me.
I'm running 4.8.5 on Xubuntu 12.04
I'm really fed up of constant bugs in kdenlvie

Chris
paolocut
Registered Member
Ubuntu 12.10, latest KDEnlive from Ubuntu software.

I had this problem. Solve by "sudo su" and then "kdenlive".

T H A N K S !!!

ttguy
OS
Rather than running as root to fix it you could try the delete the

/usr/lib/frei0r-1/facebl0r.so
/usr/lib/frei0r-1/facedetect.so

files fix described at
http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2592

As to paying someone to fix it maybe it already has been- have you tried installing the latest development version 0.9.3 ?

I run that version and do not have this issue.
yellow_drupal
Registered Member
You should be able to do it as super user do. sudo nautilus, browse to /usr/lib/frei0r-1/ and delete facedetect.so

But when you say 'latest version of Kdenlive' do you mean latest distro version?, if you're using Ubuntu you could add sunabs 'stable' or 'git' PPA and have 0.9.6 which is the latest version and not have the screwed up permissions problems.