This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Merging 2 .kdenlive projects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
igloo
Registered Member

Merging 2 .kdenlive projects

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:04 pm
Hi all,

Is there a way to merge 2 .kdenlive projects into a single project please?

I know that I can include them both as clips in a single project, but I would like to be able to then fiddle around with the individual video clips, so that isn't sufficient for what I want to do.

Thanks
Ian
ttguy
OS

Re: Merging 2 .kdenlive projects

Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:09 am
No there isn't. But I think this might be on the to-do list of JBM.

You have to **** with them separately. You could render them both to a lossless format and then put the two rendered clips into one project and **** with them some more.
igloo
Registered Member

Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 am
I wrote a hacky perl script to do this. Attached, in case it helps anyone else.

It just puts the different projects one above the other, on their own tracks. You then need to rearrange them into the sequence that you want.
DiveO
Registered Member

Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:53 am
igloo, your script looks interesting. Before letting it loose on one of my projects, can you please give me a hint on what command line parameters it does expect? Is there any particular organization of project files required? I have to admit that I never learned Perl.
igloo
Registered Member

Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:29 am
First, let me say that it comes with no warranty etc; use at your own risk!

It takes no command line parameters. It reads raw/*.kdenlive and it writes a number of files into the current directory. The only really useful one is combined.kdenlive which contains the result.

I had one clip with a speed-up effect applied, and it didn't handle that correctly. There are probably other things that it also doesn't handle correctly.
a noob
Registered Member

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:17 am
where is this script? I would love to try it!
I have over 100, 30 clip minimum projects id like to bring into one project and the idea of creating a new video clip and copy and pasting in start and end times for each is a very long and annoying process id rather avoid. and slogging through the save code manually is not a lot better. been trying to find a way to do this for nearly a month really starting to get frustrated >:D