This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio/Video Sync Drift in v0.9.6 and v0.9.7 Daily Build

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ewhac
Registered Member
OS
I've been struggling over the last several days to put together a 50 minute-long video with a fair number of cuts in it. Within the editor, the sound is reasonably in sync with the video at all points throughout the sequence. However, after I've compiled the final H.264 file, the sound drifts over the length of the video -- it starts out perfectly in sync, but by the end is about a half-second too early.

I had this problem with Kdenlive 0.9.6 release with MLT 0.9.0. Thinking I had a poor combo of media libs, the other night I installed and ran a daily build. Same problem.

The "main" video file is an AVI pulled off a video capture device using mencoder 1.1-4.7 -- MPEG4 video, uncompressed PCM audio. This combo has worked relatively well in the past. However, remembering that I had audio drift issues in the past with AVI files, I extracted the audio track into a separate FLAC file, muted the video track, and grouped the two together (reconstructing the entire edit sequence in the process). This solved sync issues in the past, but not this time; the drift remains essentially the same.

Any suggestions on what to mess with?