This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive removes 2 seconds from clips.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
badger_drupal
Registered Member

Heyas!

Like the title says, Kdenlive seems to be removing 2 seconds from the end of every clip that I import into it. Can I do anything to stop it from doing that? Or is it a bug that I'll have to live with for now.

I'm using Kdenlive 0.5 svn that I grabbed from Trevino's repository, and I'm running it in Ubuntu Feisty.

espinosa_cz
Registered Member
OS

Have you checked your final video in Avidemux or similar sw? Just to exclude player faulty.

Avidemux is a nice GUI tool to test rendered videos from Kdenlive frame by frame or check damaged frames.

Check also my post about missing frames in my output, but in my case, they got missed though whole video clip.

badger_drupal
Registered Member

espinosa_cz wrote:
Have you checked your final video in Avidemux or similar sw? Just to exclude player faulty.

Avidemux is a nice GUI tool to test rendered videos from Kdenlive frame by frame or check damaged frames.

Check also my post about missing frames in my output, but in my case, they got missed though whole video clip.

Yep yep, I've checked the original videos in several players, and I've played the final video in several players, and it appears kdenlive is literally removing the last TWO seconds from every video I try and import. It's very odd.

herrej01
Registered Member

Hi,

I'm running also kdenlive in Ubuntu Feisty and I do not experience the problem (I'm always importing dv files). But my svn version is from 2 months ago, so I'm not sure if anything has happen during that time !!!

What I've experienced are some problems with the rendering engine (missing and bad frames) similar to those already posted in this forum and in the development list. I'm now testing in more detail and will report a bug (if necessary) when test is completed.

Regards.

JM

Vortex A.
Registered Member
Hey everyone. :-)
Yeah it seems to be years ago but I have this problem as well, my version of Kdenlive is: 0.9.10 and about ONE second of every imported clip is missing.
Are there any workarounds?
Because I need Kdenlive to use each frame, because I'm rendering animations and sometimes I need to split it into different parts.
Well most of the time I deal with this bug by always render a few frames more of every part but currently I've got a scene which needs about 1 and a half hour per frame and I don't really want to render more frames than basically needed. :-)
Can anybody help me out? :-)

Kind regards Vortex A.
Mario Storti
Registered Member
I have a similar problem to those reported in this thread. I have
mostly .avi (ASF) clips. When I do a `dissolve' effect from one clip
C1 to other clip C2 the overlapping part in the second C2 clip is
frozen, until the overalapping part ends. Also sometimes when I render
the clip the first 2 or 3 seconds are frozen. I tried to convert the
clips from .avi to .webm and it seems that the problem gets fixed. So
I guess that is something related with the video format (codec).
ttguy
OS
What version of kdenlive are you using ? Because 0.9.10 is out and has fixed a lot of bugs.

Also - are you sure your dissolve transitions are going in the correct direction ?
See https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... sition_Tab for what I mean.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:21 pm
I believe this is more related to libavcodec, are you using libav (debian/ubuntu/mint...) or ffmpeg (any other distro) ? which version ?
something has changed in recent versions regarding file seeking, be it video or audio.
to build a useful report for libavcodec devs, we would need small media samples and example timecodes that are not reached properly...
tomaswhite
Registered Member
this may because of the codec thing, how about try to transcode them then do what you want