This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to see in split screen/view the unmodified clip and the effect you apply to the clip?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hvdwolf
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

I have been trying to use the split view screen in the clip monitor (right click->split view).
What I thought it would do is view in one half the unmodified version and in the other half view the effect you are applying.

Well, it doesn't work that way. It gives you the option to see multiple tracks in split view: Very handy and ueful for future use, but not what I was looking for.

So my question:
I want a left/right (or top/bottom) split sceen where I can see my unmodified clip and the outcome of the effect I am applying as I want (need) to do some color correction. I know that when I apply an effect I can see the outcome real-live but I want to compare it against the unmodified version. Is that possible?
markoc
Registered Member
By clicking the "eye" symbol in the effect's titlebar (in the effect stack window) you can switch on/off a single effect.
capslock
Registered Member
OS
What if you temporarily add the original clip to the timeline beside your corrected clip and then use the split view?
hvdwolf
Registered Member
OS
Thanks both

@Marko: I know that one but when looking at an effect, especially when you work with colors (3-point balance, contrast, exposure, etc). It's nice to see both the original and the effect at the same time. The ?tich on/switch of works fine with an image, not so good with a video clip.

@al25fps: I hadn't thought of that. It's a bit cumbersome but it will give me indeed the option to watch both at the same time.