This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

White screen after rendering on the beginning of each clip

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alex4c
Registered Member
Hi! I'm using Kdenlive in Ubuntu 9.10. And I have this problem with white screen on the beginning of each clip for the file that I render.
I have few videos that I recorded using recordMyDesktop. They are .ogv files. I wanted to merge them together and speed them up. I didn't want any transition between them. Everything was looking perfect in project monitor. I rendered them. The output videos have white screen for few seconds in the places where new clips were beginning. I tried using only one clip, but it had white screen on the beginning too. I tried using different output formats (avi, mp4, ogv) but it didn't help. I tried adding transitions but it didn't help. In one instance it did shorten the duration of white screen but I had to cut part of the video (which I don't want to do).
Apparently it has something to do with speeding the clips, because when I don't do that everything is fine. The only problem is I need to speed up my video. It is time lapse digital painting 6 hours long. I need to speed it up.
If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.
ttill
Registered Member
Can you upload a sample, so that someone can try to reproduce?
ddennedy
Registered Member
We are already aware that Ogg Theora does not work well. No need to upload a sample, and we already have a bug for it somewhere. Meanwhile, there is a Transcode option in the Project Tree "Fix Ogg Theora" that only works some of the time. If that does not work, then try Lossless Matroska.

alex4c
Registered Member
Thanks a lot. It seems that it really has a problem with ogg theora. Transcode option worked, though I didn't have Fix Ogg Theora but DNxHD 1920x1080. It did make my file large but it didn't have white screens. I'm gonna try different file formats. Thanks again.
areebyasir
Registered Member
I am using x264 mp4 and have the same issue when rendering from ".sh" scripts. Previously this was working fine but now only clicking on "Render To File" works successfully. The white screen happens anytime there is text that was supposed to be rendered on screen instead the screen is white for that period.

I even tried old .sh files that rendered fine and they also have the same issue.

Does anyone know the fix or solution?

Cheers

Areeb - http://areebyasir.com