This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No audio thumbnails

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ubuntuaddicted
Registered Member

No audio thumbnails

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 pm
I am using Xubuntu 12.04 and sunab's kdenlive-release ppa (stable builds I thought) and there are no audio thumbnails. I was using sunab's kdenlive-svn ppa but had so many crashes I had to downgrade. The audio thumbnails don't show the little waves up and down to know where to cut something etc. I have attached a picture. I am using the following versions
kdenlive = 0.9.2-0ubuntu0~sunab~precise2
melt = 0.8.2-0ubuntu0~sunab~precise1
frei0r = 1.3.0+git20120530.dcb0dd04-0ubuntu0~sunab~precise1

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-onUbHIQ3oCI/UNxzxjuaQ0I/AAAAAAAAA5Y/ioq_eqTbphE/s1024/kdenlive_no_audio_tn.png
j-b-m
Registered Member

Re: No audio thumbnails

Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 pm
there was a recent change in Mlt that caused kdenlive to create empty audio thumbs. My guess is that when using the svn ppa, you had some broken thumbs created. Go to the folder $Home/kdenlive/thumbs and delete all recent files so that Kdenlive will recreate them when re-opening the project. But first you might try to reload the clips with missing thumbs - left click in project clip and select reload
ubuntuaddicted
Registered Member

Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:32 am
i tried reloading audio files (one is split audio from a video) but that doesn't bring the audio thumbnails back? I also don't have a kdenlive folder within my home directory. I have the following thumbs folders when using locate

/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/timeline_athumbs.png
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/timeline_avthumbs.png
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/timeline_nothumbs.png
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kdenlive/timeline_vthumbs.png
/var/tmp/kdecache-ubu/kdenlive-thumbs.kcache
j-b-m
Registered Member

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 am
Well, then check what is your project's folder. Go to the "Project" menu > "Project Settings". This will open the project configuration dialog and under "Project folder", you should have the path to your project folder. Go there, there will be a "thumbs" subfolder.

The audio thumbnails are the files called *.thumb, you can try deleting them.