This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Question about main panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
two4two
Registered Member

Question about main panel

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:39 pm
At the bottom of the main panel is a status bar containing such things as icons for selection tool, razor tool, spacer tool, mode, and a zoom slider, etc. To the left of my "normal mode" icon there is also an area that has a blue "meter" of some sort. Mine currently says "50%". What in the world is this item?
ttguy
OS

Re: Question about main panel

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:15 am
So it is not one of the items shown here
http://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Timeline/Editing#Bottom_Tool_Bar
?

I wonder if I have that on mine. Have to check when I get home.
two4two
Registered Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:08 am
Nope. It is something more. The person who included that image in the user manual commented that it was an old image. I wish I knew how to include an image with my post here. I'm going to try to e-mail you a screen shot.
ttguy
OS

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:20 am
This might be the timeline zoom level. See if it changes when yOu zoom timeline in and out
ttguy
OS

Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:07 am
This might be the timeline zoom level. See if it changes when yOu zoom timeline in and out
two4two
Registered Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:01 am
It isn't zoom a meter because it doesn't change as I change zoom level. I think it is the progress meter for when it's developing the thumbnail as I add a clip to the timeline. But since I began adding effects and other things before the progress reached 100% it got stuck? This is the only theory I can come up with.Image
ttguy
OS

Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 am
Ah yes. I see this too. I guess it is a progress bar for stuff that kdenlive does when you load documents. I see it moving when I load a project. And when I add a clip - "creating audio thumbnails". I note that it does not allways get removed after the job finishes. Which I guess would be a very minor bug.
two4two
Registered Member

Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:28 pm
One more question (but a different topic): sometimes when I go to render it says "waiting". And this waiting can take a very long time sometimes. What in the world is it waiting for? How can I find out?