This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Problems cutting audio & multiple audio tracks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
OldLodgeSkins
Registered Member
Hi all,

I'm trying to cut some audio tracks with Kdenlive 0.7.8 but I'm having some trouble.

I've started creating some video tutorials so I've made a quite long desktop capture with RecordMyDesktop. Only somewhere along the line I made something that apparently slowed down the video recording but not the audio, so my audio gets out of sync at a very precise point in time. Therefore my original idea was to edit the file, separate audio and video (no problem there), cut the audio, and push the second part just a few seconds away from the 1st one. So I have two tracks, one video one audio, with the audio separated in two parts.

That's where problems start:

1) After pushing the second part away (which visually looks fine), I keep hearing the original soundtrack - just like if I had not cut it at all.
2) If I move the 2d part of the audio to a new audio track, I don't hear it either. I still keep hearing the original one. If I mute the original sound track, I hear nothing - although I believe I should be hearing the newly created track.

I must be doing something wrong... I just can't figure out what!

Any idea?

Thanks.

Seb.
OldLodgeSkins
Registered Member
Ok so I got it a little bit wrong but the problem's still the same...

In fact what I really need to do is remove a small part of the audio to have it back in sync. So here I have my audio track separated from the video, I cut it in two places, which gives me a total of 3 segments, I delete the middle one, and bring the 3rd one back to where the last one ends. Which should shorten my audio track by a few seconds right where I made the first cut.

And surprisingly I keep hearing the original audio, just like if I had not cut the middle part! Weird... If anyone has an idea I'd be grateful for any hint.

Seb.
patkoscsaba
Registered Member
I have the same problem, now a year and a half after your post. Any solution? It drives me crazy, I have to edit a lot of screencasts and this problem makes it really hard to cut the sound exactly where you need.

What is strange, I did not have this problem with 0.9.1 (I think, or 0.8.4) a month or so ago.