This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Join kdenlive projects

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ebel
Registered Member

Join kdenlive projects

Mon May 28, 2012 7:43 am
Hi,

it should be not very difficult to join 2 kdenlive projects because project files stored in XML format. Combination of producer,playlist,kdenlive_producer XML nodes should do this job. Is there anyone out has already written a script for this joining process?

Best regards
Christian
normcross
Registered Member

Re: Join kdenlive projects

Mon May 28, 2012 8:07 am
You can actually just drag or add Projects to your Project Tree, then drag then to to timeline, put them together and render.
ebel
Registered Member

Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 am
Hi normcross,

thanks for your fast response. Wow, that's very very cool!!!!

Many thanks
Christian
mlino
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 am
Hi. I am not getting the expected behavior when I add another kdenlive project into my main video project. I tried "adding" the second project as a clip as well as drag/drop it into the project tree. I can see the second project as a clip fine in the project tree but when I add it to the timeline I get "Missing Clip". I am using the latest 0.9.2. I am sure I used this in the past and it worked fine. Anyone getting the same?

Thanks,
Marcello
yellow_drupal
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:13 am
If you open the project that you are importing does it open without errors?
DiveO
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 am
There has been some long-time regression on adding projects as clips. This has just been fixed recently in the svn versions. Unfortunately, rendering is currently broken, as mlt will often leave out video when rendering or compose only in part.

Adding a project as a clip is not an import, as you cannot use it to clone and then modify.
mlino
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:48 pm
Yep. No errors.
mlino
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:56 pm
Thanks. I will give the latest svn version a try. I am not looking to modify the imported clip from another project. Since both projects have a large amount of videos and photos, it is much easier to edit the pieces into different projects and then combine everything edited in the end. That's how I did in the past anyway. Since I was not able to combine the projects by importing the second project as a clip, I ended up rendering the second project and then imported it as video. The problem with this is the wait time for the second video to render then it will be rendered again in the main project. Any suggestions for this?

Cheers,
Marcello
mlino
Registered Member

Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:10 pm
And just tested the svn 0.9.3... and as you mentioned, the add project as a clip works but rendering does not work.

Thanks,
Marcello