This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot get transparent background to text to work on Kdenlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Hi i'm Geoff,
I am using Kdenlive video editing suite with a good measure of success, however, when I make a transparent background to text in Gimp photo editing suite, I put it on the top timeline with the picture I want to superimpose it on on the next timeline down, I then add a composite transition, this works well when playing the video back on the computer, but when I burn it to disc and play it on my video player, each time one of these transition appear I get no text, instead I get large letters spelling INVALID.
This is very annoying, can anyone tell me how to get around this problem please
j-b-m
Registered Member
Which Kdenlive / MLT versions? When you render before burning, the problem should also appear on the rendered file before burning or that really doesn't make sense... Can you check that please?
muzzleflash
Registered Member
same problem but Im not burning it onto a dvd/cd it still says invalid where the picture should be
muzzleflash
Registered Member
ive tied everything in render but nothing works! help!
muzzleflash
Registered Member
ive tied everything in render but nothing works! help!
Geoffrey Tucker
Registered Member
Hi, I'm Geoff,
I am trying to get transparent titles to work on Kdenlive video editing, without success, i have tried doing it in Gimp,
but every time I put it on my timeline, it does not work. can anyone help please.
ttguy
OS
What version of kdenlive are you using?
Have you read the doco ?
https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manual/Titles
Are you trying to us your own images or are you using the built in titler?
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
If you're using Kdenlive 0.9.x: did you add an affine transition to your title clip in the timeline?
Kdenlive 15.08+: is the track with the title clip set to transparent?