This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KdenLive KDE on Ubuntu 12.04 Xfce

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
themuseman
Registered Member

KdenLive KDE on Ubuntu 12.04 Xfce

Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:43 pm
Greetings,

I am using 64 bit Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Xfce and would like to install Kdenlive. It is available from the Ubuntu Software Center. I am wondering if there will be issues because my Ubunto Studio came installed with Xfce. I don't want to "bugger up" my current install because of different desktops. What concerns should I have?

Thanks,
themuseman
yellow_drupal
Registered Member

Re: KdenLive KDE on Ubuntu 12.04 Xfce

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:08 pm
Not sure how upto date the kdenlive and MLT versions are in the Ubuntu repo's. To test kdenlive without adding to your 'system'. You could try using the build script or maybe a 'self contained' daily build from here:

http://builds.meltytech.com/kdenlive/latest.rss

KDE runtime dependancies will still be needed to be installed though I'd assume. Not necessarily a KDE Desktop though.
ubuntuaddicted
Registered Member
i use xubuntu and sunab's kdenlive-release ppa. sure it will install kde library dependencies but there's nothing wrong with that.
dekiii
Registered Member
i also use xubuntu and Kdenlive from sunab ppa is super stable :D well almost :D
ewhac
Registered Member
OS
KDE libraries are distinct from the KDE desktop and services. Sometimes you have to check that the "Recommended" packages aren't pulling in anything huge and unnecessary but, in general, you can install KDE apps and their dependent libraries without installing the whole of KDE.