This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Any news on how the next version is coming along?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stevej
Registered Member
Just curious if anyone knows how the next version of Kdenlive is coming along.
Features, Improvements, Release Date Estimate, anything really.

It would be appreciated if JBM or someone on the devel team can squeeze in a little status report. I would imagine that merging the refactoring project is a big task as Kdenlive is/was a moving target.

http://community.kde.org/Kdenlive
I've been checking the above site and it hasn't been updated since June 14, 2013 concerning the Roadmap. I am very curious about the idea of an overhaul of the Titler system. For those that haven't seen it yet, go check it out.

http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kdenlive.git
Kdenlive Git shows no meaningful update since July 6, 2013

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places for info.

Thanks for a great program
Steve
nyme
Registered Member
Hi

We don't have any new of jbm or other since 2 months ... hope everybody is just on the beach with friends ...

nyme

stevej
Registered Member
I see that Shotcut has had a delay in their development cycle. I wonder if Kdenlive is going through similar growing pains.

For those that don't know, Dan Dennedy is the driving force behind MLT. He used to contribute heavily to Kdenlive, but he stopped working on Kdenlive and started a new project called Shotcut.

http://www.shotcut.org/bin/view/Shotcut/Roadmap
filters (2013, still in progress due to port to Qt 5.1 with QML desktop controls to provide an extensible means of adding filter UIs)
nyme
Registered Member
hi

What is the purpose of your post ?

Encourage user to migrate to a new beginning nle ?

Do you think it's the right place fot that ?

stevej
Registered Member
Hi nyme,

The purpose of my post is to find out how kdenlive is coming along. In my search, I found the Shotcut line interesting. There have to be others on this board that will also find it interesting. So I shared it.

Am I trying to drive people to another NLE?
No. I love kdenlive. I just find the silence deafening.

However, Dan Dennedy , MLT and Shotcut are not a secret to be kept from kdenlive users. I have no reason to believe there is any competition between the two projects. I view them as sister projects.

Given that Shotcut is reworking to support the new QT / QML frameworks and it has slowed their roadmap, I wonder if kdenlive is doing similar unsung work. Who wouldn't want kdenlive to support the new technologies? Since kdenlive is currently in a reworking period of its own with a goal of version 1.0, I can see the logic in this move. Especially if Dan and JBM still communicate.

Is this the right place for this topic?
If not under the forum Kdenlive General Discussion, then where?

Thanks for commenting.
Steve
nyme
Registered Member
sorry, i don't understand the goal of your post ..may be because my english is very bad ...

nyme

ttguy
OS
nyme wrote:sorry, i don't understand the goal of your post ..may be because my english is very bad ...

nyme

My english is good and I understand the point of the post.
nyme
Registered Member
ok cool can you explain in french ?

nyme

ttguy
OS
Non, je ne peux pas. Mais ne vous inquiétez pas à ce sujet. Il n'est pas important.
nyme
Registered Member
there is no commit and we don't have news of all devs since more than 2 months .. but it's ok it's not important ...

ttguy
OS
nyme wrote:there is no commit and we don't have news of all devs since more than 2 months .. but it's ok it's not important ...

Terrible service right? Perhaps you should get your money back ! :|
nyme
Registered Member
ok ok .. keep your time speaking for new logo ... and forget me please ...