This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Crash on pressing render button

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Re: Crash on pressing render button

Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:44 am
pfong wrote:I posted my .kcrash in bug 2662. The backtrace does show it crashes in something the RenderWidget::RenderWidget constructor calls.

That's correct...it's within the parseScriptsFiles function..

#14 0x00007faa68b609af in QTreeWidget::setCurrentItem (this=0x21ca7b0, item=0x25f1340, column=0) at itemviews/qtreewidget.cpp:2815
#15 0x00000000006ea0a5 in RenderWidget::parseScriptFiles (this=this@entry=0x21243b0) at /build/buildd/kdenlive-0.9.6/src/renderwidget.cpp:1949

Here's the code:

QTreeWidgetItem *script = m_view.scripts_list->topLevelItem(0);
if (script) {
m_view.scripts_list->setCurrentItem(script); <--- BONK !!!
script->setSelected(true);
}

The parseScriptsFiles function goes through your 'scripts' subdirectory within the project directory looking for anything with a .sh extension. It then loads those scrips in the scripts_list object on the screen. First suspect is a fubar'd script file.

So...search your directory tree for a 'scripts' subdir w/ '.sh' files in it. This subdir should be in the directory that your project file is in. Rename 'scripts' to something appropriate like 'nfgScripts' and try to reproduce the error. If the error goes away then zip up the contents of your 'nfgScripts' subdir and post that to the bug report.
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:09 am
Did you try to rename your ~/.kde4/share/config/kdenliverc file and restart kdenlive?
pfong
Registered Member

Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:16 am
Renaming the scripts in ~/kdenlive/scripts so they are not .sh files fixes the crash.

I'm uploading to the bug one .sh file that causes it to crash. The presence of this one file is enough.
PowerKiKi
Registered Member

Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:49 am
Can confirm, deleting scripts folder allowed me to workaround the crash:
Code: Select all
rm -rf ~/kdenlive/scripts
AlvinH
Registered Member

Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm
Hi.. I am just joining the Forum.. :)

I am using KDEnliive for about 2 years.. and there is no problem at all, suddenly it's crashed everytime I press Render button.
I've Tried the ways from this forum, like : re-installing from PPA and downgrading the melt

After searching so many web, I am reading bug-trace from https://bugs.kdenlive.org/view.php?id=3452..

it's says just try to delete files in ~/kdenlive/scripts/

and GREAT !!! the render button working again.. :)

I hope my reply can help someone who have same rendering crashes problem.