This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive Add-on installer doesn't load data?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
orahmax
Registered Member
When i click on 'Download new render profiles', the add-on installer popup doesn't load any data. The circle just keep moving and doesn't load anything there.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
My glass ball is currently broken, so we need to resort to the usual questions: kdenlive version, distro, maybe source of binaries in case you're using third party party repos?
ttguy
OS
This is a known issue. I think it derives from the kdenlive.org website changes - maybe from the drupal upgrade. I think it has been reported on mantis already.
Dr_Falken
Registered Member
@theDiveO:

"My glass ball is currently broken, so we need to resort to the usual questions: kdenlive version, distro, maybe source of binaries in case you're using third party party repos?"

My ability to parse English is not broken - upon looking at the problem that he was having, it appears that the issue has to do with the kdenlive website itself, and how it doesn't access or parse the XML that lists the plugins. Specifically, he gets this error (wireshark helped me duplicate this error):

Code: Select all
Warning: XMLReader::open(http://kdenlive.org/title-templates-xml) [xmlreader.open]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/www/8864acea003f2354834d936830f18e43/web/data/kstuff/titles.php on line 4

Warning: XMLReader::open() [xmlreader.open]: Unable to open source data in /home/www/8864acea003f2354834d936830f18e43/web/data/kstuff/titles.php on line 4

Warning: XMLReader::read() [xmlreader.read]: Load Data before trying to read in /home/www/8864acea003f2354834d936830f18e43/web/data/kstuff/titles.php on line 9

Since it was a problem with the site that KDenLive uses to get the list of templates, there are a few things that are completely irrelevant to the error, namely:
[*] kdenlive version
[*] distro
[*] source of binaries in case you're using third party repo

But thanks for the snarky non-answer.
chicken2jail
Registered Member
I had the same issue. I corrected it by going back to the 0.96 version of Kdenlive.