This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Allowing proxy clips for image sequences

Tags: proxy clips, image sequence, preview, playback, real time proxy clips, image sequence, preview, playback, real time proxy clips, image sequence, preview, playback, real time
(comma "," separated)
inging
Registered Member
I'm trying to set up a frame by frame animation using Kdenlive, but the real time preview simply drops too many frames for it to be anything useful, and It would save me from a lot of annoyances to have the preview work in real time instead of being forced to use the non-real time option with this project.

Proxy clips totally works for a video clip import, but when I tried to have proxy clip turned on for my image sequence "proxy clip" and "clip jobs" is grayed out when I right click on it. I tried changing the proxy clip settings in Project Default to "Generate for videp/images larger than" to 500 px, the lowest it would let me, but that still did nothing.

I tried importing my PNGs as a slideshow instead of images sequence, same thing with the grayed out "proxy clip/clip jobs" option when right click. The slideshow option is not what I want to use anyway because I don't want to set up a specific time for each frame but to have it go by fps.

Please give me some tips here. Thanks.
ttguy
OS
Yep. Proxies do not work for slideshows/image sequences. This has been previously raised as a feature request - http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/view.php?id=2491
inging
Registered Member
Thanks. I guess the workaround would be to go ahead and export the image sequence into a video first and then edit the video in Kdenlive then.
ChameleonScales
Registered Member
OS
Is it still the case ? That would suck for 3D artists.