This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

proxy quality

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
barnadaniel
Registered Member

proxy quality

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:24 am
Hello,
My notebook has a hard time even playing the raw footages (1920x1440, 48fps) taken by the GoPro Hero3 - so proxy files come extremely handy. However, the actual resolution of the proxy videos is the other extreme. It is very hard to see details and decide which part of the clip is useful for my project. My notebook could easily cope with a better resolution. Is it possible to change the resolution of the proxy files?
Thank you
Daniel
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS

Re: proxy quality  Topic is solved

Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:51 pm
Yes. :)

More elaborate answer, in the danger of touting my own horn: Effectively working with 2.7K footage. Of course, this is not about 2.7K resolution but about scaling down and limiting the bitrate. You need to experiment with both, as depending on your particular hardware it may be better to not limit the bitrate as much as I did. However, my 1080x720 profile is already very detailed, maybe better go for something as 800x450 or so. Also, mpeg2 may not be optimal, but at least it works quite nice over here.
barnadaniel
Registered Member

Re: proxy quality

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:00 pm
A shame on me not having discovered it myself! :-) Thanks a lot. I will give it a try this evening.
Daniel