This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Custom files for proxy

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
napo7
Registered Member

Custom files for proxy

Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:46 pm
Hi

I use a GOPRO HD2 camera, and this cam generates automatically proxy files for every clip recorded !
i.e. if I record a 720p movie said GOPRO0016.MP4, a proxy file named GOPRO0016.LRV is made, 432x240, with h264 also (about 600 kbs bitrate)

So, instead of asking to KDENLIVE to make proxies files, is it possible to tell him I already have them !?

I've tried a trick to bypass this : I renamed old MP4 "normal" files, and renamed LRV files to MP4. Then I do all my editing, and when finished, swap the files again.
This work, but it is a bit tricky !

Thanks for your suggestions !
chorzo
Registered Member

Re: Custom files for proxy

Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:42 pm
n/t, oops.
ttguy
OS

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 pm
This sounds like a feature request to me. I don't think Kdenlive can be told that you already have proxy files.

You could try editing the .kdenlive file. It is XML and each clip in the project tree has a kdenlive_producer element in the XML. And proxy is an attribute.
Eg

Code: Select all
<kdenlive_producer ... name="captureF001.dv" videocodecid="dvvideo"  proxy="/home/ttguy/Videos/proxy/29dda2cd6b67b84b0937861333a7fc04.ts" proxy_out="7280" resource="/home/ttguy/Videos/captureF001.dv" .../>

Of course this is not real user friendly either. It may or may not be better than your current workaround.

Feature requests can be made at http://www.kdenlive.org/mantis/my_view_page.php
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:32 pm
This may not be too hard to do. So long as you apply a convention to how you name the proxy files (i.e. use a specific extension or a prefix pattern applied to the name) the code could be modified to look for a proxy file when adding a clip. All you would need is an option on the screen when adding a clip that instructs KdenLive to use a pre-existing proxy file.