This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dark theme for Kdenlive? White is burning my eyes!

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Foxeo
Registered Member
One of the absolute necessities for me with a video editor is a dark theme. I can't stand staring at a retina-burning bright white screen. Unfortunately, the kdenlive I'm using is one of the brightest whites I've ever seen, and I can't even see the variation in the color between different tracks on the timeline.

When I look elsewhere at kdenlive in YouTube or in pictures, it's always with a dark (gray) theme. How do I install this theme? Several sites told me that the dark theme is the default, but apparently not for me it isn't. The "Themes" option in my kdenlive has only one option: Default, and it's bright retina-burning white.

I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 with the latest updates, and installed kdenlive from the Terminal with the apt-get command.
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
Take a look at the built in Kdenlive themes, such as wontong soup. They should be suitable for your needs.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Alternately, if you cannot find the integrated Kdenlive option, KDE System Settings should allow you to change this in Application Appearance > Colours.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]