This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Kdenlive project dead?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bazsound
Registered Member

Re: Kdenlive project dead?

Mon May 26, 2014 8:54 am
I just ran an update today and kdenlive showed up,

Libmlt5 removed and replaced with libmlt6, kdenlive,kdenlive-data,libmlt++3 and melt upgraded.

Hopefully this will fix my issues with rendered video having wierd skipping issues
bazsound
Registered Member

Mon May 26, 2014 10:01 am
after installing the update, ive lost alot of the render profiles that came with kdenlive. No youtube profiles there,

and since installing render profiles from kdenlive still does not work! its reduced thefunctionatliy of kdenlive.
ttguy
OS

Mon May 26, 2014 11:24 am
bazsound wrote:"No youtube profiles there". "its reduced the functionatliy"

Hmm. Yes I see what you mean. The render profiles available are far fewer. You could look at this a a positive thing though. It simplifies the rendering options. You have to remember that there is no hard a fast rule for what to render your video for youtube. Youtube accepts just about anything. So I am not sure it makes sense to have youtube presets.

My advice - pick a codec you like for your youtube renderings from the available codecs and go with it.

mp4 H.264/AAC is probabably a good one to go with.
normcross
Registered Member

Mon May 26, 2014 3:50 pm
Some have just been moved. Xvid4.avi, Windows Media Player.avi and Quicktime.mov are in the Destinations drop down menu under Media Players.

I always though the YouTube and Vimeo profiles only dropped the bit rate to 5000 and 6000 respectively.

Some guy on Vimeo showed it was better to upload the best quality you can and let them encode it again. They're better quality that way.

I'm with you ttguy, mp4 H.264 every time for me and they look OK.
Did I tell you I'm only partially sighted? :-)

PS Kdenlive 9.8 is working quite well, for me anyway, no mishaps yet.

I think it's time to mark this one as "Solved" as Kdenlive is still very alive!
ttguy
OS

Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:35 am
I just wanted to post exciting news.
Jean-Baptiste Mardelle (JBM to kdenlivers) has been given the Akademy Award for Best application
https://community.kde.org/Akademy/Awards

See what the Kde team did there with the spelling of Akademy.

Congratulations JBM. Well earned I reckon.

And further good news is that JBM is back with a vengence developing Kdenlive after a being pretty much out of action for 1.5 years. He has been slaving away porting the application to the latest version of the KDE frame work. Which means not much to us lowly users. But what it actually means is that the application can keep moving forward with all the latest developments of the underlying application frame work on which is is built. So - yep - not dead.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 pm
Congratulations JB.

We should try to get some coverage in the press. Anybody here have any connections or desire to write a promotional piece?