This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

questions on kdenuse

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
carloz
Registered Member

questions on kdenuse

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:48 pm
hi everyone,

I am new to kdenlive and I wanted to ask a few questions :

1) is ther a way to limit the audio level when the film gets exported?
2) is the video already safe? I have read online that it is set to 75%. Am I correct?
3) is the online manual available in pdf?

thanks
Carlo
ddavis
Registered Member

Re: questions on kdenuse

Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:11 pm
Some guesses to your questions

1) To limit audio add an effect - effects -> audio -> amplify... or effects -> audio -> sox_gain. For better audio editing I recommend exporting the audio and using audacity to edit it then add it back as an audio clip. Audacity noise removal is great. In the project tree select a clip then Project -> Extract Audio menu. Then right click audio clip and "Edit Clip" should bring up Audacity (If it is not already running). Export from Audacity and import the new clip. Audacity can also import a the audio from a video file directly.

2) Not sure what you mean by video safe. The safe region for placing titles is not shown.

3) As far as I can find only the quick start guide is available as pdf. This is common for wiki based manuals that are under constant revision.
carloz
Registered Member

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:05 am
thanks for your answers

1) I will try your suggestions
2) video being safe is not having the luma or rgb being over the colour limits when you watch it.
3) to bad there isn't a pdf version of what is on the site. it would have been useful

carlo
sammuirhead
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:27 pm
For setting the maximum audio level I would recommend using the Normalise effect.
Right click > Add Effect>Audio Correction> Normalise

Bear in mind that if your video is intended for the web, Broadcast Safe colour doesn't really apply.
however, if you are preparing video for TV broadcast or DVD, you can check your colour levels using the Vectorscope (which you can find in the View menu).
Right click on the vectorscope and select '75 percent box". If your levels exceed the box, you can adjust them using using the Saturation, Levels or RGB Parade effect.
(or maybe there's a nice and easy 'Broadcast Safe' filter somewhere, I don't know - all my videos these days are for the web so I haven't needed it)

http://www.cameralibre.cc
Free Culture videos made with Free/Libre/Open Source Software about Open Hardware, Open Data, Open Everything