This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Unable to move track up

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dieter@be
Registered Member

Unable to move track up

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:36 pm
Hi,
in 'configure tracks', i select a track, but the up arrow button doesn't do anything
see:

I tried googling and found good kdenlive docs but couldn't find a solution for this problem.
thanks!
Dieter
stevemarek
Registered Member

Re: Unable to move track up

Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:44 am
So has this feature just not been implemented yet? I've tried both 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and neither seem to allow you to move tracks. No one ever seems to reply to a post about this issue, or if they do they just recommend a workaround and completely gloss over the fact that this feature isn't working.

I'm running Fedora 20, installed from source using the MLT script (http://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/MLT/BuildScripts) built today (7/14/14). (My 0.9.6 was the rpmfusion package, which also didn't work).

I just started using kdenlive and love it, but my first project now has 30 video tracks and I'd like to rearrange them a bit. I looked at just modifying the XML project file but was hoping there might be a better way.

Thanks!
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:30 am
stevemarek wrote:So has this feature just not been implemented yet? I've tried both 0.9.6 and 0.9.8 and neither seem to allow you to move tracks. No one ever seems to reply to a post about this issue, or if they do they just recommend a workaround and completely gloss over the fact that this feature isn't working.

I'm running Fedora 20, installed from source using the MLT script (http://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/MLT/BuildScripts) built today (7/14/14). (My 0.9.6 was the rpmfusion package, which also didn't work).

I just started using kdenlive and love it, but my first project now has 30 video tracks and I'd like to rearrange them a bit. I looked at just modifying the XML project file but was hoping there might be a better way.

Thanks!

It's just there for show ;D The code defines the button but never enables it. In addition, I don't see any code that would manipulate the track position.
stevemarek
Registered Member

Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:03 pm
Steve Guilford wrote:It's just there for show ;D The code defines the button but never enables it. In addition, I don't see any code that would manipulate the track position.

Hah, awesome. Yea I was going to take a look through the code when I got time. I don't remember what the other feature was, but it explicitly stated "this feature not implemented yet" or something similar. That would be fairly useful for n00bs. Thanks for looking.
ttguy
OS

Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:02 pm
stevemarek,
Feel free to add this bit of info to the manual if you want. It is editable by anyone. !! o)