This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Audio "follow" video (play audio of the playing video)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Dieter@be
Registered Member
hi,
I understand how the video track order works (play top-most available video), and that all non-muted audio plays.
I guess my use case is a little different from the typical one:
I have 17 video tracks (with audio) that all cover the same event happening, but different angles and different takes.
I can easily select the best footage by ordering and cutting clips so that kdenlive can do it's "auto-select the top most video clip" logic,
but it should always play the audio corresponding to whatever video is playing. So when kdenlive switches to displaying different video, it should also play the audio of that video track, and not the audio of any other video track.

Also, I have a few audio-only tracks that should play at all times, independent of which video is playing.

Is this possible?
thanks!
Ranko Kohime
Registered Member
OS
Kdenlive chooses the top-most video for display, (given to any transitions, of course), but it mixes all audio tracks together. To achieve the effect you want, you'll probably have to cut the corresponding section from all videos below the active video.