This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Download render profiles and title templates

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Manfred
Registered Member
Hello,

i just started using kdenlive on Ubuntu Studio 14.04. The update to version 0.9.8 from the ppa is already done. But when i try to download new render profiles or title templates from the settings menu it does not work. Can somebody tell me how to fix that? Or is there any other way to install more profiles and title templates?

Regards, Manfred
bazsound
Registered Member
Unfortunatly this has been ongoing for a year maybe longer.

No idea when its going to be resolved
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
1. This forum has some information on specific rendering profiles here and then, please use the search function.

2. As for title tempates ... newer found them to be of any real use in my projects, but then I prefer to make my own ones. Cooked artwork (and title templates are kind of artwork) is like froozen pizza. Terrible. Anyhow, you don't even need title templates as such, as you cannot edit these templates afterwards and can specify only a single(!) parameter to them. This is probably one of the really weak spots in Kdenlive, barely useable in practice.

Instead, I created myself several titles over time in my various projects. Whenever I want to reuse titles but need to modify them, I simply open the old project and open each title I want to reuse in order to save it from the title edit dialog. Next, in my new projects I create new empty titles and simply load my "templates" into the title editor. This way, I can change the things I need to adjust. Often, I need to change four or five separate text elements on a given title, something that Kdenlive's stock title template mechanism can't handle at all. So plain old titles together with load and save is of much more real use.

So not being able to download more title templates has never been something I miss.