This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can Kdenlive edit 3gp from Android? if so how?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
scotter59
Registered Member
OS
I have some 3gp videos that I took with my Android tablet, they need some editing.

Kdenlive does not recognize the extension apparently it cannot edit this media. Tried Winff to convert it to another format and that was another wabbit hole. If Kdenlive is unable to edit this media, then what is?

Scott
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You may need to use ffmpeg/avconv to convert the 3gp file to something which Kdenlive/MLT is able to handle. It should be able to read and convert these files.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
TheDiveO
Registered Member
OS
What about Google? A quick search turn up, for instance, a discussion thread about converting 3pg to mp4 using ffmpeg ... fourth post or so, ypu may need to check your ffmpeg compilation.

http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.co ... 42632.html
scotter59
Registered Member
OS
TheDiveO wrote:What about Google? A quick search turn up, for instance, a discussion thread about converting 3pg to mp4 using ffmpeg ... fourth post or so, ypu may need to check your ffmpeg compilation.

http://ffmpeg-users.933282.n4.nabble.co ... 42632.html

Was in a bit of a rush when I posted, new to video editing, work and all. I had these video's from the 4th, downloaded "kdenlive" because of the reviews and I like/use KDE. I tried to open the 3gp files using open, which apparently opens a project.

Today I had time and discovered my problem, from the menu "Project - Add Clip" and the 3gp video file came right in (not used to the "clip
nomenclature for a file) . There was an additional inconvienience, the KDE help for "kdenlive" did not come down with the distro and I was not able to connect to the internet today. Think I found a link to rotate my video from landscape to portrait, my reason to edit the 3gp. http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.linux.uk.peterboro/4010

Thank you for responding and assistance,
Scott
andreasnoha
Registered Member
I have some 3gp videos that I took with my harga hp nokia Android tablet, they need some editing.

Kdenlive does not recognize smartfren the extension apparently it cannot edit this media. Tried Winff to convert it to another format hp iphone and that was another wabbit hole hp nokia . If Kdenlive is unable to edit this media, then what is?

Scott

difficulty that I really feeli

Last edited by andreasnoha on Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
andreasnoha wrote:I have some 3gp videos that I took with my nokia Android tablet, they need some editing.

Kdenlive does not recognize the extension apparently it cannot edit this media. Tried Winff to convert it to another format and that was another wabbit hole. If Kdenlive is unable to edit this media, then what is?

Scott

difficulty that I really feeli

What's the file extension? It should be .3gp or .3g2 - both of which are recognized by FFMpeg (and therefore Kdenlive - supposedly).