This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

images and titles duration display issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
igork
Registered Member
after getting new melt and data files upgrade last week, all images and titles are showing "-1884 hour -6min. -28 sec." duration instread of normal 5 sec(default settings). Also, after dragging a clip onto a project line, it disappear, but it plays... after restart, all missing clips show at begining of the line with mismatch duration error message displaying during the load... help!

Kdenlive 0.9.8
KDE 4.8.5
Ubuntu 64Bit(Pricise)
ttguy
OS
What is the source of the upgrade to melt? Is it a bleeding edge version ?
igork
Registered Member
I am using default ppa
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
igork wrote:after getting new melt and data files upgrade last week, all images and titles are showing "-1884 hour -6min. -28 sec." duration instread of normal 5 sec(default settings). Also, after dragging a clip onto a project line, it disappear, but it plays... after restart, all missing clips show at begining of the line with mismatch duration error message displaying during the load... help!

Kdenlive 0.9.8
KDE 4.8.5
Ubuntu 64Bit(Pricise)

This may be due to a bug that has been resolved. Can you build your own version of Kdenlive using the build script found on the MLT website?
igork
Registered Member
seems like a very complicated process to rebuild a new mlt engine, is any way to undo this data patch? It was only 2 files came last week, mlt and this data one, I think, that one is a problem...
ttguy
OS
Which "data" file do you refer to? mlt is a lot more than one file. How did you instal this "data patch"? Because, it is not making much sense as to what you have done.

Using the build script is not very difficult - see
https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... rom_source

"A very nice advantage is that the environment in which it runs is isolated from duplicate libraries installed on the system"

You also say you are using sunabs ppa - stable release. https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... ve-release
But it's latest build of kdenlive and mlt is from 2014-05-20 so I don't know how you got your mlt updated just a few days ago if you are using that ppa.
igork
Registered Member
okay, lastest upgrade on Sep 7th seems like fixed this problem... I had 6 new upgrades for kdenlive 0.9.8 level(melt 0.9.3, libmlt++3, libmelt-data, libmelt6, kdenlive-data, kdenlive),... I guess, the upgrade I had issues with, based on upgrade history, came on September 1st, was incomplete(I only see 4 packages - melt 0.9.3, libmlt++3, libmelt-data, libmelt6)...