This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Title rectangle not expandable

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
agadgil
Registered Member

Title rectangle not expandable

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:44 pm
Hello,

I am new kdenlive user.
I want to increase font of the text in the title. if i do so, some text goes to next line.
to avoid it, i want to increase area of the text container. but i am not able to do so.
however, i see its W and H are not active... see red highlight in the image.

can anyone tell me what i should do?
Aniket
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: Title rectangle not expandable

Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:51 pm
Just checked this. You may adjust the fontsize and the rectangle is changed accordingly.
ttguy
OS

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:50 pm
I just played with this some more too. The trick is that it would appear that text boxes do not word wrap. You have to put new line characters in (<enter key>) to tell the text box where the new lines are. And this causes the bounding box to resize.

So in your screen shot you will have new line characters at the end of each line of text.
So if you want to get your text to be on one line you have to delete the new line characters. This can be hard becasue some times it is hard to see the cursor in the text box.

I found if I turn on "show background" in the title editor it is easier to see the cursor and thus easier to delete the new line characters.
agadgil
Registered Member

Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:56 am
OK... I got the point. I have to just adjust font size and new line char..
Works for me! Thank you!