This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rendering crashed after last 0.9.10 kdenlive upgrade

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
igork
Registered Member
Seems like I can't render any projects with audio files, even with original sound tracks, getting messages:

Rendering of /home/***.mp4 crashed
[swscaler @ 0x7f3d90019340] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
also
[mp3 @ 0x2847f40] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
[mp3 @ 0x2865580] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
[mp3 @ 0x2884680] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510
[mp3 @ 0x289fe80] max_analyze_duration 5000000 reached at 5015510

If I mute all audio tracks it compiles normally

I have latest Sunab PPA kdenlive release (ppa:sunab/kdenlive-release) in 64bit 12.4.1 "Trusty" Ubuntu & ppa:jon-severinsson/ffmpeg

I did some research and I found some old post related to FFMPEG encoder, but nothimg new on this level... please, help!
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Unfortunately, the [swscaler] and [mp3] lines are merely informative log messages issued as the software performs its work. They do not indicate an error.

Is there any other info you can post?
igork
Registered Member
I can only provide sudo kdenlive log from the console, is that helps?

kuser@homepc:~$ sudo kdenlive
[sudo] password for kuser:
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-kuser" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
[swscaler @ 0x7fa65073ece0] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
//STARTING RENDERING: true , false , "/usr/bin/melt" , "atsc_1080p_30" , "avformat" , "-" , "/tmp/kde-kuser/kdenliveTT2198.mlt" , "/home/xxx.mp4" , () , ("acodec=aac", "ar=48000", "ab=256k", "vcodec=libx264", "vb=12000k", "aspect=@16/9", "pass=1", "progressive=1", "threads=3", "real_time=-1", "passlogfile=/home/xxx.mp4.log") , -1 , -1
Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
kbuildsycoca4(2243) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: checking file timestamps
kbuildsycoca4(2243) KBuildSycoca::checkTimestamps: timestamps check ok
kbuildsycoca4(2243) kdemain: Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ()
Started render process: "/usr/bin/melt" "/tmp/kde-kuser/kdenliveTT2198.mlt -profile atsc_1080p_30 -consumer avformat:/home/xxx.mp4 progress=1 acodec=aac ar=48000 ab=256k vcodec=libx264 vb=12000k aspect=@16/9 pass=1 progressive=1 threads=3 real_time=-1 passlogfile=/home/xxx.mp4.log"
Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QDBusObjectPath)
Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QDBusObjectPath)
"Rendering of /home/xxx.mp4 aborted, resulting video will probably be corrupted."
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Running Kdenlive as sudo is somewhat 'non-standard'. Why are you doing that?

The log shows several UID errors. All bets are off if you insist upon running as sudo.

First thing I'd do is run Kdenlive as a regular user.
igork
Registered Member
I usually run it as regular user, and, no matter, if I am root or not(I did it as a test), I am getting the same error:

[swscaler @ 0x7f673873ed20] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss
ttguy
OS
do you get this if you downgrade to 0.9.8 ? Because 0.9.10 is bleeding edge unstable and not released yet.
igork
Registered Member
I haven't tried downgrading yet. This upgrade came as normal distribution with some Ubuntu patches last week, so I assumed it is stable release, it was one upgrade back in beginning of September which cost titles and images displaying problem, but was corrected a week later, so that one again, is another disaster. Reading forums, some people say, it is a FFMPEG parameter issue, others blame Ubuntu, I've upgraded 11.10 to 14.04.1 thinking it would help, but nothing happened.
I can try to follow your suggestion to downgrade to 0.9.8, but I think, I have to remove all dependencies libraries(melt, ffmpeg, etc)...
What's the easiest way of doing that?
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
igork wrote:I usually run it as regular user, and, no matter, if I am root or not(I did it as a test), I am getting the same error:

[swscaler @ 0x7f673873ed20] Warning: data is not aligned! This can lead to a speedloss

The [swscaler] line is not an error message.

What error messages do you get when you run it as a regular user?
igork
Registered Member
as a regular user I am getting the same log, in the console, except UID lines:
//STARTING RENDERING: true , false , "/usr/bin/melt" , "atsc_1080p_30" , "avformat" , "-" , "/tmp/kde-netuser/kdenliveFW2251.mlt" , "/home/kuser/XXX.mp4" , () , ("acodec=aac", "ar=48000", "ab=256k", "vcodec=libx264", "vb=12000k", "aspect=@16/9", "pass=1", "progressive=1", "threads=3", "real_time=-1", "passlogfile=/home/kuser/Videos/XXX.mp4.log") , -1 , -1
Started render process: "/usr/bin/melt" "/tmp/kde-kuser/kdenliveFW2251.mlt -profile atsc_1080p_30 -consumer avformat:/home/kuser/XXX.mp4 progress=1 acodec=aac ar=48000 ab=256k vcodec=libx264 vb=12000k aspect=@16/9 pass=1 progressive=1 threads=3 real_time=-1 passlogfile=/home/kuser/XXX.mp4.log"
"Rendering of /home/kuser/XXX.mp4 aborted, resulting video will probably be corrupted."
Last line is what I see on kdenlive screen... there is no listed errors here or any messages explaining why the process is aborted...
ttguy
OS
This upgrade came as normal distribution with some Ubuntu patches last week

You might be subscribed to sunabs unstable release ppa. (https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... enlive-svn)

If you are subscribed to the stable release https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... ve-release you should still be on 0.9.8

I would be suprised if the ubuntu packagers at canonicle were pushing out 0.9.10

I think you might be able to down grade by removing sunabs ppa from the list of source repositories that your synaptic package manager is configured to use. Then do Edit>Reload package information. remove kdenlive, frei0r and melt packages. Search for kdenlive, frei0r and melt packages and install them. I note that trusty/universe has kdenlive 0.9.6-5ubuntu1 so this will downgrade you.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
igork wrote:as a regular user I am getting the same log, in the console, except UID lines:
//STARTING RENDERING: true , false , "/usr/bin/melt" , "atsc_1080p_30" , "avformat" , "-" , "/tmp/kde-netuser/kdenliveFW2251.mlt" , "/home/kuser/XXX.mp4" , () , ("acodec=aac", "ar=48000", "ab=256k", "vcodec=libx264", "vb=12000k", "aspect=@16/9", "pass=1", "progressive=1", "threads=3", "real_time=-1", "passlogfile=/home/kuser/Videos/XXX.mp4.log") , -1 , -1
Started render process: "/usr/bin/melt" "/tmp/kde-kuser/kdenliveFW2251.mlt -profile atsc_1080p_30 -consumer avformat:/home/kuser/XXX.mp4 progress=1 acodec=aac ar=48000 ab=256k vcodec=libx264 vb=12000k aspect=@16/9 pass=1 progressive=1 threads=3 real_time=-1 passlogfile=/home/kuser/XXX.mp4.log"
"Rendering of /home/kuser/XXX.mp4 aborted, resulting video will probably be corrupted."
Last line is what I see on kdenlive screen... there is no listed errors here or any messages explaining why the process is aborted...

OK. So, Kdenlive is not crashing. The render process is aborting. There may be a parameter that is missing of FUBAR'd. Is there anything interesting in /home/kuser/XXX.mp4.log?

Try generating a render-script and run that. You may need to dissect the render script to find out what's causing the process to abort. You may also find some other parameters that turn up the volume of logging/tracing info, which may help too.
igork
Registered Member
I am back to 0.9.8
Thank you, Steve and ttguy, for your support!
I compared Olivier Banus page PPAs and I found both records for -SVN and "stable" releases, although SVN record was turned off and I did reinstall Kdenlive after upgrading to Trusty. So I am not really sure what happened and how I've got this "unstable" PPA. I did at least a dozen projects during the summer amd everything was working fine before. Anyway, I am glad my editor is back. I appreciate and admare all work people did building and supporting Kdenlive! Thank you, guys!
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
8)

Kdenlive is still alive...!!!

That sounds like a line from a rock song... :)