This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

So is ver 0.9.10 officially the offical release now ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ttguy
OS
So sunabs stable PPA for kdenive https://launchpad.net/~sunab/+archive/u ... ve-release is now at
kdenlive 0.9.10-0ubuntu0
frei0r 1.4.0+git20140830.4f012ce2-0ubuntu0
mlt 0.9.3+git20141005.22abed67-0ubuntu0

which is new.
So I guess that means the offical version of kdenive is 0.9.10

I hope there are not too many regression bugs in this because there was a few leading up to this release.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Yes, I announced it on kdenlive.org few days back, I wanted the recent fixs to be integrated in Debian Jessie due to this distro long release cycle.

Are there regressions versus 0.9.8?
I agree there are still many issues remaining in mantis, but according to my tests they almost all were already present in previous Kdenlive version(s).

Some problems appeared recently due to changes in libavformat/libavcodec and need to evolve in MLT, but I can't do much on my side except forwarding to Dan when it's clear it's on his side...
sunab
Registered Member
OS
Hi Roger,

Yes right as Vincent said a new Kdenlive release is out !
On the Ubuntu stable release ppa it's the first release enabled with libmovit (GLSL) effects and libvidstab (deshake)

I've been silent quite silent lately, but I continued to follow carefully Kdenlive dev cycle for packaging purposes.
And , I am back again on the forums to give you a hand.

Last edited by sunab on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ttguy
OS
Cool.

So list of bug fixes is here http://kdenlive.org/discover/0.9.10
Nice long list. Good work developer dudes (and dudettes?)

You should announce on these forums too guys - because kdenlive.org is kinda dead as gathering place for Kdenlive users.
ttguy
OS
Hi Olivier,
Great to have you lurking on the forum. Thanks again for the wonderful packaging service you supply us with.

sunab wrote: it's the first release enabled with libmovit (GLSL) effects.

I was looking at the doco of all the effects and comparing the lists at https://userbase.kde.org/Kdenlive/Manua ... Categories with what we got in 0.9.8 and I noticed a bunch of new effects in the Misc category that have (GLSL) in the name. So I guess these are the libmovit effects you speak of.

Unfortunately when I go to add these to my time line "Problem adding effect to clip".
I suspect this could well be because my graphics card does not support libmovit.
I do have libmovit2 ver 1.1.2+git20140825.c5285a66-0ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1 and libepoxy0 1.2-1+git20140825.b2ae054b-1ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1 installed.
So how do I tell if the GLSL effects should or should not work on my system?
sunab
Registered Member
OS
ttguy wrote:Unfortunately when I go to add these to my time line "Problem adding effect to clip".
I suspect this could well be because my graphics card does not support libmovit.
I do have libmovit2 ver 1.1.2+git20140825.c5285a66-0ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1 and libepoxy0 1.2-1+git20140825.b2ae054b-1ubuntu0~sunab~trusty1 installed.
So how do I tell if the GLSL effects should or should not work on my system?

The problem is not related to your graphics card, GLSL calls some openGL "basic" features.
I made a mistake, GLSL manager have been disabled in the Kdenlive dev tree some monthes ago because of its instability. I thought it had been reactivated, but it is not the case. It seems that if MLT is built with libmovit support (case of the ppa) Kdenlive's UI exposes GLSL options even if they cannot be used.

I need to patch my packages to hide GLSL options.
So you can forgot GLSL doco at this moment. Sorry.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS
Wow, sorry!

Movit filters shouldn't appear in Kdenlive menu: I moved all GLSL code in a side branch, as it was breaking many little things here and there. There is no way to make then work in Kdenlive for the moment.
(Having them in built MLT lets anyone play with it in XML/CLI...)

The plans are to re-introduce it once the code will be cleaned (especially rendering backend).
For now, movit*.xml shouldn't be included...
ttguy
OS
sunab wrote:I need to patch my packages to hide GLSL options.

Righty-Oh. Yeah. That would be good. Otherwise it is going to generate a lot of support questions and mantis submissions.
ttguy
OS
How about the misc effects ? Vid.Stab Deshake and Vid.Stab Detect and Transform. I think these have probably arrived by mistake too. I think the job done by these is executed by the clip jobs menu item.

RGBLUT is also new on the list. This effect has no parameters. What does it do ? - Is it there by accident?

NDVI filter is also new on the list. I can add it. And it does have parameters that do stuff. But what does it do? Doco ? (edit: I found doco on this http://www.mltframework.org/bin/view/ML ... rei0r-ndvi)

And while we are discussing misplaced effects. In my experimentation with the create region functionality I discovered the Misc>Regionalize effect in the effect list.
And it seems to me that the implementation of the regionalise effect here is useless. As far as I can tell you must use the regionalize effect to encapsulate another effect. And you can not do this from the Add Effect > Regionalize part of the UI. You must add the other effect and then choose "create region".
So I propose you guys remove the regionalize effect from the effects list - but keep "create region".
ttguy
OS
How about Misc>Lift, Gamma and Gain ?
That is also new to the list. But I can not get it to do anything except make my footage go black. The UI does not behave like anything proper in a UI !!!
Arrived by mistake ???