This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Context menu entry for stabilization is missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
larsend
Registered Member
@Steve: This is becoming a pet of yours, isn´t it? ;-)

Kdenlive and LibAV packages have not been installed as I tried the build script last time. Also, there were no previous Kdenlive installations.

Code: Select all
# updatedb && locate libavcodec.so
/home/larsen/kdenlive_manually_installed/20141024/lib/libavcodec.so
/home/larsen/kdenlive_manually_installed/20141024/lib/libavcodec.so.56
/home/larsen/kdenlive_manually_installed/20141024/lib/libavcodec.so.56.9.100
/home/larsen/kdenlive_manually_installed/src/FFmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.so
/home/larsen/kdenlive_manually_installed/src/FFmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.so.56
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.56
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.56.1.0

Removing libavcodec56 would also remove kde-plasma-desktop. Temporarily moved those two files into another directory, ran ldconfig, Kdenlive still crashes.

Are you sure that the crash comes from libvidstab or MLT?

Cause as I said it crashes when I add the video clip, not when I start Kdenlive nor when I open the menu.
Having two problems here:
1) The original problem: Distro´s Kdenlive doesn´t show libvidstab in menu
2) Problem with build script installed Kdenlive: Crash when adding a video clip
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Bummer....

I have the current build of Kdenlive running under Ubuntu 14.04 and Fedora 18 - sans VM though. In the past I've had it running under CentOS too.

Are you sure that the crash comes from libvidstab or MLT?

Can you post the latest crash info?

I doubt vid.stab is the source of the crash. The only thing happening up to the point of loading the video is the test to see if a vid.stab filter can be built, as used in the menu setup code previously posted. MLT will return some frames for static images as the clip is loaded in the workspace and monitor. Kdenlive also cranks up a process in order to produce an audio 'thumbnail'.

I'm afraid I'm almost out of ideas. Just for fun, try a couple of different videos.
larsend
Registered Member
(hmm, didn´t get a notification email `bout your last post)

Tried some videos (wmv, mpeg, avi), still crashes with the same message as posted before: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Bedi6f49

If you like, I could provide the VM as OVA or simply the disk. Though, this won´t be necessary for me as I will be editing with Kubuntu and Sunabs PPA.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
larsend wrote:(hmm, didn´t get a notification email `bout your last post)

Tried some videos (wmv, mpeg, avi), still crashes with the same message as posted before: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Bedi6f49

If you like, I could provide the VM as OVA or simply the disk. Though, this won´t be necessary for me as I will be editing with Kubuntu and Sunabs PPA.

OK...I've got another idea. Maybe the Oxygen widget style is being a bugger. It is flagged as being part of the problem w/ the thread ownership errors you see. Go into SystemSettings-->ApplicationAppearance->Style and chose a different widget style. At this point it's worth a try....
larsend
Registered Member
I tried different styles, restarting Kdenlive each time, but to no avail. Also, it didn´t look like Kdenlive´s style looked any different... is this supposed to be?
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
larsend wrote:I tried different styles, restarting Kdenlive each time, but to no avail. Also, it didn´t look like Kdenlive´s style looked any different... is this supposed to be?

The radio-boxes, sliders, etc. will change style. You may not notice a change immediately w/ Kdenlive.

I'm afraid I'm back to out-of-ideas....

What's your configuration? Hardware, O/S, VM, Linux distro etc.
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm
Back to the original problem: deshaking your video...

vid.stab library gives explanation on how to do it from command line
http://public.hronopik.de/vid.stab/features.php?lang=en
==> install transcode, try if you need to build vid.stab plugin or if it is shipped:
transcode -J stabilize -i MOVIE -y null,null -o dummy
transcode -J transform -i MOVIE OUTPUTOPTIONS -o STABILE

then regarding XCB message, indeed in movit & refactoring branch the following line was added to main():
QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_X11InitThreads, true);
might be missing in master (depending on compile options?)
I will try to add it and see.

Thanks for your patience!
larsend
Registered Member
Steve Guilford wrote:What's your configuration? Hardware, O/S, VM, Linux distro etc.

Intel Core i3-2125 @ 3.3 GHz
64-bit Win 7, SP1
8 GB RAM
Virtualbox 4.3.12
Debian Jessie, 64-bit

vpinon wrote:Back to the original problem: deshaking your video...

That´s more or less solved as I am using Kubuntu now. Together with Sunabs PPA, this works fine out-of-the-box =)

vpinon wrote:then regarding XCB message, indeed in movit & refactoring branch the following line was added to main():
QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_X11InitThreads, true);
might be missing in master (depending on compile options?)
I will try to add it and see.

Thx, if there is anything to test, just tell me.
adving
Registered Member
Please I am in the need to do this installation to make the stabilization work in Kdenlive 0.9.10

I did not understand how to do after reading this topic, so I need help.

I am using AVLinux Distro which is a great stable and complete distro for audio/video/photo so I would like to keep in this distro.

I am not a computer expert, so, if someone can give me the step by step instructions to install the stabilization feature in the 0.9.10 version it will be very welcome.

Many thanks
ttguy
OS
adving wrote:if someone can give me the step by step instructions to install the stabilization feature in the 0.9.10 version

Use your package manager to see if libvidstab is installed and install it if it is not already.
adving
Registered Member
thanks, I did a try to find the libvidstab in the package manager but I did not find it. I did try in AVLinux and also in KXStudio. Both are great distros.

I must say I do not have enough computer/linux knowledge to install things... It seems to be better idea to wait a future distro with a new updated version of Kdenlive to come...
ttguy
OS
I note that AVlinux is debian based. And I also note that there is a pending request to have libvidstab packaged into debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=709193

You could post to AVlinux forums asking about libvidstab http://bandshed.net/forum/index.php

It is wierd that you can not find libvidstab in KXStudio because I see that it is ubuntu based. However, this note http://kxstudio.linuxaudio.org/News/?ac ... ture-plans says they are moving to debian repositories. So this might explain it.

adving wrote:It seems to be better idea to wait a future distro with a new updated version of Kdenlive to come...

Why wait when you could have a new distro with a new updated version of Kdenlive now? It sounds like you have the ability to run more than one distro - you said you tried KXStudio and AVlinux. Why not try Kbuntu ?
adving
Registered Member
ttguy many thanks for your suggestion, I am downloading the Kunbutu iso right now. It seems this distro has the new KDE 15.08 applications... I will see how it is and how it's package manager is also... I will try Ubuntu Studio and Netrunner OS also...
adving
Registered Member
I did a try in some distros, kubuntu, opensuse, kxstudio, avlinux, pclinuxos, ubuntu and ubuntu studio.

I perceived that it is better idea to use a distro which is improved for multimedia work instead of a generic distro, the multimedia distros have low latency kernel for audio work, system configured for video and audio and softwares for multimedia work.

I liked ubuntu studio most, it is similar to windows 7 and seems to be lightweight, stable and robust for multimedia work. in 14.04.3 there is kdenlive 0.9.6 and in 15.04 there is kdenlive 0.9.10 so it seems in each release they update kdenlive with a new version. a great advantage of ubuntu studio is if you get a power fail and computer turn off without a proper shut down when you power on again it start without the need of line commands.

I like avlinux a lot, very complete and lightweight and stable, only thing i do not like is because they do not release a new distro in each six months as ubuntu studio is doing.

I will keep trying ubuntu studio for a little more time to perceive system stability, if they are doing the job of updating the softwares in each release this seems to be great for people who are not computer expert like me. it comes with lots of multimedia software and uses the ubuntu repositories, package manager and software center, so it seems to be a great distro to try for more time. probably in he new 2015.10 they will have kdenlive 15.08 and in new LTS in 2016.04 they will have kdenlive 15.12 maybe...

Edit Post: one day trying the ubuntu studio 15.04 with kdenlive 0.9.10 and the system is very stable. I got no freeze or crash. I can capture firewire. I can enable jack audio or leave it disable, both options works with onboard audio. I did try mov, mts and mp4 files also. I instaled handbrake to do deinterlace and pulldown removal while wait kdenlive to implement these things. only thing I miss is the stabilzation. I saw on google research that blender can do, but is not so simple to do, but works. I did some system resets and the operating system restarts with no problem. The behavior of the windows and mouse is very similar to windows 7 which is very good. there are languages options also, not just english, this is great. And a new distro release each six months is perfect to have new versions of kdenlive. I am very happy with ubuntu studio.

Last edited by adving on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
Hello everyone!
In my Kubuntu 15.10 and Kdenlive 15.08 there is no "stabilize" entry in "Clip jobs" context menu, only "Automatic scene split" and "Reverse clip". Libvidstab1.0 installed. Maybe I missed something when migrate to 15.10 from 15.04? Now I need to stop current project until stabilization will be available. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.