This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Context menu entry for stabilization is missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
andreyneshta wrote:Hello everyone!
In my Kubuntu 15.10 and Kdenlive 15.08 there is no "stabilize" entry in "Clip jobs" context menu, only "Automatic scene split" and "Reverse clip". Libvidstab1.0 installed. Maybe I missed something when migrate to 15.10 from 15.04? Now I need to stop current project until stabilization will be available. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

MLT has to detect the presence of the stabilization library at build time. Try rebuilding MLT and check to see if it detects the stabilizer.
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
Still no luck...
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
That doesn't give us much info to go on. You need to be more forthcoming if you want help.

What did the MLT build process have to say? I presume it did not find vid.stab.

Try the process outlined here. If you can get the video stabilizer to work as described (outside of Kdenlive) then you're half way there.

http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74-ubuntu/214-ubuntu-precise-stabilize-video-melt
adving
Registered Member
I learned how to install software from Launchpad and I installed kdenlive 15.04.2 from sunab in the ubuntu studio 15.04

when you learn to follow the steps it is simple to do, ubuntu studio has an automatic software uptade which runs after doing the apt-get in the terminal. everything is step by step explained inkdenlive install page and in the launchpad page.

now stabilize is working for me, it works good, but there is one important thing missing in the stabilize feature: it does not remove the rolling shutter problem (jello effect) from the CMOS sensors in the mirrorless and dslr cameras. it would be great to see this feature implemented in the stabilize.

Edit post: I got the idea of having two distros installed in same hard drive. one distro will be the ubuntu studio 15.04 with kdenlive 0.9.10 because this combo is very stable, the best for editing, with less bugs. so I can install another distro just to use the stabilize feature which is missing in kdenlive 0.9.10, I am thinking of install ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS with kdenlive 0.9.6 which has vidstab and transcode for stabilization, a dual boot machine. This way I can wait the new kdenlive versions to mature more.
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
Steve Guilford wrote:That doesn't give us much info to go on. You need to be more forthcoming if you want help.

What did the MLT build process have to say? I presume it did not find vid.stab.

Try the process outlined here. If you can get the video stabilizer to work as described (outside of Kdenlive) then you're half way there.

http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/linux/74-ubuntu/214-ubuntu-precise-stabilize-video-melt

Yes, this works. Seems somehow MLT do not see stabilization library. What are my next steps?
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
Maybe you have two versions of MLT installed.

Go to KdenliveSettings->configureKdenlive->environment and check the location of MLT.

Then, from the command line type 'which melt' and see if the locations match.
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
Just installed clear 15.10. The same - no stabilization entry. libvidstab1.0 was installed from Sunab's PPA. Both kdenlive and terminal shows the same way to MLT - /usr/bin/melt. Maybe kdenlive 15.08 requires some special stab library than not yet ported to 15.10?
Steve Guilford
Registered Member
I'm afraid that I have no other ideas at the moment. You may have better luck trying to resolve this on the MLT site.
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
Sad, but anyway thanks for trying to help!
andreyneshta
Registered Member
OS
I think the problem solved with adding Sunab's testing PPA and updating MELT. At least for me.

UPD: Now it's OK with fresh 15.11 version.