This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

More than one kdenlive proyect open at the same time?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ezergal
Registered Member
OS

Yesterday while working, kdenlive crashed. No panic at all, the recovery has never failed me, but when i reopened it i noticed there was a second tab with the recovery session opened... i thought kdenlive didn't have that feature... and so... i haven't been able to open it again. I've tried to find info about it, but i don't even know how it's called... so i thought asking here if anybody knew something about it...

thanks in advance..
ttguy
OS
I recall some else reporting such a strange thing a long time ago. This is some strange bug I think. Kdenlive is not designed to do this AFAIK.
ezergal
Registered Member
OS
Mmm... but as far as i know, it can... i mean, bug or not, there were two secuences at the same time. Perhaps you have a time lapse (or animation frame by frame) and you want to apply an efect to all the frames.. what i do in those cases it's saving a kdenlive project with the frames, close it, re-open and import the proyect as a clip, then apply the efect. It works great actually, but still it would be nice not having to close it and re-open...
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 pm
hi,
I believe around 2012 (2013?) Till began to introduce this multi-timeline feature, but he then estimated that refactoring was necessary before beeing able to terminate this properly and activate it officially. I believed the code was removed in the git master branch, but it seems some parts remain and that this bug revealled the feature basics!
I hope that after a new pass of code reorganization we could adopt this good idea.
ttguy
OS
import the project as a clip
- This is different to having two projects open in two tabs which I think is what the original post was about. Importing the project as a clip is a supported feature - yes.
normcross
Registered Member
@ezergal,

You can actually add an effect to a complete timeline.

Just right click on the timeline header and "select All in Current Track". Now add the effect you want..job done.

It will show up in the timeline header as, in my case, a yellow star.

Cheers. :-)