This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

clip monitor not updating

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mikewatts
Registered Member

clip monitor not updating

Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 pm
I have just started learning kdenlive, so this is a very basic question.
I just want to select the interesting parts out of a video.

I dropped the video on the timeline, but when I move the "now" marker (thin vertical black line on the timeline) the clip monitor does not change. It does not show me the frame I have moved the marker to. Is this correct behavior?
capslock
Registered Member
OS

Re: clip monitor not updating

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:54 pm
Make sure, you are watching the "Project Monitor" (there are several tabs) when working with the timeline.

I usually select a clip in the Project Tree. Then it shows up in the clip monitor. Set in and out points using i and o, then drag the selection to the timeline. Then place the timeline marker before your clip in the timeline and press space again. Then the clip should show up in the same area in top right, but in the tab for Project Monitor.

If there are still issues with watching clips or the timeline contents, please describe the steps you did more detailed to make it easier to analyse what's happering.

Cheers, Achim
mikewatts
Registered Member

Re: clip monitor not updating

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:04 pm
Oh, you are right, my kdenlive was by default showing me the "clip monitor" instead of the "project monitor".
I had watched some online video tutorials but none of them mentioned that you may need to tell kdenlive to show you the project monitor instead.

Thank you, now I am using the project monitor things are going much better!