This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Donation to Kdenlive

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Nox Diesque
Registered Member
OS

Donation to Kdenlive

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:07 am
Is it possible to donate money to the Kdenlive project? Because I would consider it.
I don't see any possibility on the homepage as it is often the case with other software projects; and also, the points under "Contribute" don't help.
davek
Registered Member

Re: Donation to Kdenlive

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:32 pm
I am also interested in donating. :D
vpinon
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Donation to Kdenlive  Topic is solved

Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:03 pm
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your positive feedback!

Kdenlive once raised a funding campaign to pay a developer for few month (on refactoring, unfinished), but this is an old story.
There are no plans for the moment to do paid work, so I think the best is to donate to KDE, in which we are now part of, handling our infrastructure (website, list, git/tracker/CI & everything) and arranging meetings for us!
This is less direct than rewarding the person doing the code, but I think it is fair and in the spirit of the various contributors.

Vincent.
Nox Diesque
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:54 am
Okay, I see. Thanks for the information!
zerofossilfuel
Registered Member
OS

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:19 pm
That's disappointing. You guys are doing a terrific service to us content publishers and you take a lot of **** from unappreciative people. It would be nice to be able to throw a six pack of beer your way once in a while for your dedication. Just my 2BTQ.
Steve Guilford
Registered Member

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:29 pm
zerofossilfuel wrote:That's disappointing. You guys are doing a terrific service to us content publishers and you take a lot of **** from unappreciative people. It would be nice to be able to throw a six pack of beer your way once in a while for your dedication. Just my 2BTQ.

Speaking for myself, I think most of us developers would like to have more involvement from the community in regards to organization, testing, development, promotion, infrastructure etc. etc. That's something that money can't buy.

I would really like to see us get some coverage on websites and in periodicals. The Kdenlive community had a near-death experience a year ago. But, we're back and stronger than before with a product that has a solid foundation and is well positioned to grow in the future. Maybe somebody would like to take charge of promoting us in lieu of a monetary donation.
zerofossilfuel
Registered Member
OS

Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:32 pm
Steve Guilford wrote:I would really like to see us get some coverage on websites and in periodicals. The Kdenlive community had a near-death experience a year ago. But, we're back and stronger than before with a product that has a solid foundation and is well positioned to grow in the future. Maybe somebody would like to take charge of promoting us in lieu of a monetary donation.

I mention it every time it's appropriate to my 31,774 YouTube subscribers.