This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

on-screen timer

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lruffini
Registered Member
OS

on-screen timer

Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:05 am
Hi all,
it's my first post here; thanks in advance for your feedbacks.
I use to post-produce my personal/family videos with kdenlive and I don't know how to add in foreground a timer.
What I mean is that kind of timer you can see when watching a footbal match, with a constant string (i.e. the name of the two opponent teams), the score, and a timer increasing second by second.
Any clue?

Thanks and regards,
Luca
ttguy
OS
lruffini
Registered Member
OS

Re: on-screen timer

Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:09 am
Great!
I will look deeper into it as soon as I get out of the office :)

Things to figure out are:
- how to change the timecode format from hh:mm:ss:ff to mm:ss (
- how to decide when start counting (avoiding timeline synch)
- how to set starting timecode on a clip (I don't want to apply dynamic text effect to the entire track, because I want it to start at a certain point, and not from the beginning of the video, and furthermore I use at least two video tracks due to cuts and transitions): let's suppose that the first clip using that timer lasts 30 seconds; I want the second clip to start counting from 30" on ...
lruffini
Registered Member
OS

Re: on-screen timer

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:09 pm
...I had an idea
I could create a template with two video tracks: one with the dynamic text displaying the timecode, another one with two black rectangles right over "ff" and "hh".
The rendered video will be just a mm:ss timecode that can be used in every project where it is needed a timer...

Any better suggestion?